flexride question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flexride question

Hey guys I have a strange issue with my insignia sports tourer 2009. The issue is that in a random situation ( driving, not moving, or at a stop signal) the car shows up a message "service suspension system". Has anyone had this issue before ? I have a flexride suspension and when i was at the dealers they said that the shocks where fine. Could it be a sensor or something else ? Can anyone help me find a way to diagnose it? again i must say that the message is random not sure if it's because of holes, vibration, moving, it appears white driving, or white stanging still or sometimes it dosen't show at all no matter that i drive throu holes

Moved your thread to relevant section....a code reader should pinpoint the fault
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Key point is Flexride does not recognise mechanical faults in the shock absorbers so shocks can be fine with an error on the system. Theres accelometers on the front shocks and on top of the strut mounts plus a rear one under the boot lining. I've never had an issue with any sensors to date. The only issue i had with flexride was one of the wires from the offside rear shock broke which caused the error you describe. First off, confirm connection from the shock to the car. Trace the wire from the shock/ABS sensor, along the suspension arm, along the body from fornt of rear wheel to rear of rear wheel, to under the rear wheel arch liner where there is a connector plug. Disconnect plug on shock and plug under liner and confirm connection via multimeter. This is where mine failed it drove me nuts for months as it was intermittent, as you describe, no idea why the wire failed internally, externally it looked fine, though the routing along the suspension arm on this side was slightly different from the near side. This check will not cost you anything and can be fixed by running a new wire along the route.

Comment

Another thing to mention, I recently had ABS faults and flex ride faults show on the dash.
        It was the Haldex diff unit having a meltdown and throwing random faults out.

It could also be a water getting into somwhere it shouldn't be.

Comment

Working...
        X