No announcement yet.

Space saver wheel size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks guys one last question what happens with tyre pressure monitor when spacesaver wheel is on does it error or just show 3 wheels

Comment

It won't register for the space saver as it doesn't have a sensor in it.
      it will Only show as a dash

Comment

Fitted it all in and no brace just jack which seems to have same size end as wheel nuts
        22mm is this correct?

Comment

Yep...22mm bud

Comment

Nice thread bud.

i had a puncture/blow out on the motorway couple weeks ago... car handled it very well... thought something hit the bottom of the car and thought nothing of it until the sensors went off

Anyway long story short, that foam filler stuff is shite. Dont recommend it atall so im in that boat for a space saver.

Anything to look out for buying one? Whats the wheel size is should be going for? RBH ive same car as you bud, Atomics (but in 19's). Whats the stud offset size just so i get the right ones?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
              Nice thread bud.

i had a puncture/blow out on the motorway couple weeks ago... car handled it very well... thought something hit the bottom of the car and thought nothing of it until the sensors went off

Anyway long story short, that foam filler stuff is shite. Dont recommend it atall so im in that boat for a space saver.

Anything to look out for buying one? Whats the wheel size is should be going for? RBH ive same car as you bud, Atomics (but in 19's). Whats the stud offset size just so i get the right ones?

Thanks in advance.
              As long as it's a 17" Sean.

The offset won't really matter as it's only on the car a short time.
              I've had mine nearly 3 years and never used it yet......it's just peace of mind.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

As long as it's a 17" Sean.

The offset won't really matter as it's only on the car a short time.
                I've had mine nearly 3 years and never used it yet......it's just peace of mind.
                ​​​​​​
                Sorry i mean the distance between each wheel bolt, i thought they were different on the insignias as the prefacelift and facelift versions?

Comment

PCD is 5x120--Dave

Comment

The insignia b has a different PCD - - Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post

Sorry i mean the distance between each wheel bolt, i thought they were different on the insignias as the prefacelift and facelift versions?
                      No difference at all.
                      But don't get a 16" inch one....that will be off Astra's, zafiras etc....that why I mentioned getting a 17" bud

Comment

Cheers Guys

Comment

Still something i am not getting here even though i got a spacesaver is why its smaller on outside dia (dont reply with its only to get you home)
                          cant save any space on outside dia as it goes in same wheel well as full size one (i get it saving on width)

Comment

It's supposed to be weight saving and not encroaching on boot space .and cheaper .
                            That's what a quick Google search is telling me .
                            Quite interesting is Google.
                            As long as it doesn't tell you your Dick is going to fall off if you keep looking at women !

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                            X