Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexride suspension

Hi everyone

I recently bought an Insignia A facelift. Its a 2015 2.0 petrol turbo SRI VX-LINE with flexride. Could another owner please tell me how much difference I am supposed to feel when switching between suspension modes. I cant feel anything when going from normal to tour but it does firm up a little in sport mode. Even so it doesnt make enough difference to make it worth fiddling with the modes. I can feel the steering firm up and the accelerator response is sharper in sport so it is definitely working. It has only done 25,000 miles so there shouldn't be much wear.

Maybe this is how they all are. I haven't tried another so not sure. Any advice would be welcome

only use tour,in mine ,on long trips,imo,its a nicer ride on the m,ways....very rarely use sport,as the suspension is too firm for me
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Dave As Exclusiv has said, use Tour when on long motorway runs as it floats over the bumps. I use Sport for spirited acceleration, overtaking and when driving on windy roads. The 2ltr Turbo is a peach of an engine with loads of torque but can be thirsty when pushed
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I never used any of the modes. I normal mode it selects the optimum setting itself. Selecting tour well force the system to use the soft setting, in sport the firm setting. I never noticed any difference between normal and tour, I did between normal and sport. Could be due to driving mostly on smooth roads..

Comment

Happy new year everyone, let's hope for a better one.

I think I was expecting a big difference between modes but from what you are saying there is only supposed to be a small difference in the ride. I only really like sport mode for the quicker throttle response anyway...

You are right about the engine Speed Demon. I had a Signum with the old 2.0T petrol before this car and it was a great engine. That was one of the main reasons I chose a car with this engine. I had heard that the Insignia engine was an updated version of that older Vectra/Signum engine. I did 200K in my old car and in all that time the engine only needed ignition coils and a solenoid valve on the turbo. Hope this one is as good.

Mind you they are rare, had to wait a while to find a good one

I will post a picture when I get chance. It's filthy at the moment and not looking its best

Comment

they are rarer than a vxr,,especially the facelift version
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Exclusiv yours looks good on the 20" wheels. Nice spec all round.

Comment

If they have updated the software on yours then the tour mode will be exactly the same as 'normal' driving mode... why they done it i dont know
                Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                  If they have updated the software on yours then the tour mode will be exactly the same as 'normal' driving mode... why they done it i dont know
                  Tour mode should always be soft, where normal mode should adjust the stiffness anywhere between the hardest and softest setting depending on road conditions.
                  In all modes when needed the system will adjust the stiffness when needed, for example when doing an emergency braking

Comment

Yes it should be, but they quietly did away with it on a ecm update..
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail

Comment

I don't suppose a softer tour mode can be 'put back' in some way Plasma?

I need to come and see you anyway (some day when the world becomes more normal) as I was going to get the extra functions for the instrument cluster.

Comment

Working...
                      X