Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally confused!! (It's not difficult ;) )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally confused!! (It's not difficult ;) )

Hi - looking for some help. I've just bought a 2014 (63 plate) country tourer bi turbo. I'm looking at the possibility of getting a spare set of wheels with winter tyres fitted. I've looked at a lot of the links provided in other threads; checked over the options that were available at new (via a n online brochure) - and I still cannot work out what options I have open to me for fitting different wheels to the car.

It currently has the 19" turbine wheels and came with tyres sized: 245 45 R19 102Y

If I was able to get a second hand set of alloys to be be fitted with winter tyres, what sizes cab I go for/will fit? I know that the 19" wheels were an option and as standard it would have been supplied with 18" so thats a start, but I'm looking to see what else might work.

Any advice needs to be idiot-proof; in layman's terms; not in any way technical hahaha

Thanks in advance!

Yours will be 5 x 120 with a centre bore of 67.1mm iirc bud, oh, and welcome along...

Comment

any insignia oem wheels will fit,,,any size too
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks both. So, in theory, if I can get a set of 17 or 18 inch alloys 2nd hand these would do? How do you work out what size tyres if you are getting smaller rims so as not to bugger things up? Please note technical terminology there Apologies if this is simple stuff.

Comment

if you get oem insignia wheels,,,they should have the correct profile tyres fitted,,,,ie,mine are 20s with a 35 profile,,,19s are 40,,18s are 45,,,17s are 50 etc
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Are you sure yours are 45 aspect ratio? As exclusiv says 19s should be 40s. All the rims from 18in upwards were fitted with 245 width except vxr which were 255.

heres a calculator to help https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...5r20-255-35r20

Comment

I think this is partly what has confused the issue but yes current tyres are 245 45 R19

Comment

Your handbook should confirm what sizes should be on the country tourer, I could be wrong but I think someone has fit the wrong size, it will throw your gearing out so you'll be travelling faster than your indicated speed!

Comment

Nice wheels by the way

Comment

Cheers. I'll check it out.

Comment

So, the confusion continues...the handbook doesn't mention 245/45 R19 for the relevant engine - A20DTR.

It does list these though:
                      225/55 R17
                      225/50 R17
                      225/45 R18
                      235/45 R18,
                      245/45 R18
                      245/40 R19
                      245/35 R20

However, if I look on the Vauxhall accessories website and view the same wheels as I have (19" turbine), it says they suit as follows:
                      • Technical Information:
                      • Alloy Wheel 19 inch - 5-double-spoke, silver
                      • Very special high-quality alloy wheel with dynamic 5-double-spoke design and silver finish with a star-shaped centre cap in a contrasting brushed aluminium overlay.
                      • Fits tyre sizes 245/45 R 19 98W and 245/40 R 19 98Y
                      • Dimensions: 8.5J x 19 ET 45
                      The bloke at the tyre place I rang said he'd had to double double check too, but that these were OK as its the biturbo 4x4! So, long story short, I'm still none the wiser if smaller wheels are OK or not haha. Still waiting for Vauxhall to come back to me too as originally they just said check the handbook! But looking at the above from the handbook, it does suggest that my car will be OK with 17inch wheels, as the standard spec is 18 inch (even though I have optional 19 inch wheels). Would you guys agree?

PS - I manage to confuse myself on a daily basis
                      Attached Files

Comment

That is getting confusing! Heres a link to the brochures website, jusy click on cars, then discontinued models then Insignia and select your model year.
                        Download our historic brochures and price guides for more information about your vehicle.

Heres a page from the wheel options, the only thing I can think you will have to watch out for is brake clearance. I had a regular tourer so I know they had the bigger brakes, though not as big as Brembos. I had a 17 inch space saver spare that fit ok.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210106-143024.png Views:	0 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	281493

Comment

the op will have 321mm brakes on the front,,any size wheel will clear the calipers,,no probs

Comment

Going off the brochure the stadard fit tyre on the country tourer is a different size to the rest of the range its a 235/50/18 so your tyres being 245/45/19 are just a little bit bigger ( about 1.5%) so they're probably not wrong! My mistake I have never seen that before. You will just have to try to keep your rolling circumference as near as you can. The tyre fitter will best advise, if there's not much difference in tyre price between 17 and 18 in wheels I would go for 18s in the original fitment size, there's plenty 18in alloys for sale for Insignias its probably the most common size and any (for the Insignia a) will fit.

Comment

Someone on here had a link to a website that gave you the original build spec of your car. I think you had to put your vin in to the site and it told you everything about the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X