Spare wheel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare wheel.

Get my new insignia in March. Looking at getting a spare wheel. Because the car is dealer stock and not a factory order my local Vauxhall dealer wants £250 for a space saver spare.

i can get a full size alloy wheel for the price my dealer is quoting for space saver spare. So would a full size 17 inch alloy fit in the boot?

Originally posted by kamalaggi View Post
    Get my new insignia in March. Looking at getting a spare wheel. Because the car is dealer stock and not a factory order my local Vauxhall dealer wants £250 for a space saver spare.

i can get a full size alloy wheel for the price my dealer is quoting for space saver spare. So would a full size 17 inch alloy fit in the boot?
    Hi. That’s a rip off. Typical dealer prices.

You have 2 options. But a 2nd hand space saver or like you have said get a full size spare. You can get boot risers so it’s fits. I have a spare 20” wheel in mine with the boot risers. From memory the risers are about £25 from vauxhall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Comment

Anyone have the part numbers please for the insignia grand sport boot risers?

Comment

If its a grand sport you are getting it will need to be a space saver as the wheel well will not accept anything bigger

Comment

There was a thread on here where someone had the same kind of issue and he figured out the correct size of tyre to purchase to make a full size spare fit in the wheel well on the GS
          but in flummoxed if I can find it at the

10-48685747 rubber plug

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I retained my full size steel spare from my 2011 Insignia and got a bit of a shock when it did not fit in the rear wheel recess on my new 2019 model The rim was purchased from Vauxhall in 2012 and the tyre has done probably 200 miles, good investment as used it 3 times I sometimes tow a caravan so not happy with a space saver

Comment

10-4 Drew !

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Get yourself onto Ebay - you can get the spacesaver wheel with new tyres, and the jack kit all for £150. Plus you won't need the boot risers. Insignia A or B?

Comment

I got a Full Sized 18" Design Refurbed Alloy, which was perfect off Fleabay, for 180 Snots, that was including delivery to my house, and i will be parting with my 4 !8" Design Alloys soon, but keeping my tyres for new Twin 5 Spokers

Comment

Bought a new 17'' Online (£150'ish), delivered next day which was impressive. I've an Insignia B Tourer, and I'm not sure anything bigger will get in that footwell???

Comment

Originally posted by FUG1 View Post
                      Bought a new 17'' Online (£150'ish), delivered next day which was impressive. I've an Insignia B Tourer, and I'm not sure anything bigger will get in that footwell???
                      Did yours fit in the footwell? I thought to be smart and wanted to put one of my 18 inch winter wheels in the footwell, but it didn't fit. It's simply too big. Didn't expect that. I would expect a 17" had the same dimensions so I wondered if yours fitted.

Comment

I got a used space saver complete with the tool kit in the foam holder for £57 delivered from the e bay internet, I'd prefer a alloy generally but seeing as mine are 20" and I'd get the puncture sorted asap anyway, I didn't think it was worth worrying about as it's only dead money sat in the boot, and seeing as it came with an inflator and foam when I bought it, I'm happier with a space saver so at least I can get home for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post

Did yours fit in the footwell? I thought to be smart and wanted to put one of my 18 inch winter wheels in the footwell, but it didn't fit. It's simply too big. Didn't expect that. I would expect a 17" had the same dimensions so I wondered if yours fitted.
                          Yes, no issues, and was held down well by the device they use to keep the idiotic glue stuff in place....shame if I get a blowout on one of the front tyres I'll have no option but to switch one of the rear ones there (temporarily), and place the 17'' at the rear, but hey better than using that useless glue stuff they all supply!

Comment

Did you upgrade your front brakes so the 17" wouldn't fit? As the 2 liter diesel was fitted with 17" wheels as standard.
                            I was a bit surprised my 18" didn't fit as I would expect all tyres would have the same diameter but apparently I was wrong.

Comment

My Sports Tourer also has the 20" alloys and I'm definitely going to get a cheap alloy or space saver as a spare. A few weeks ago I had a puncture and the foam glue thing was useless so I had to carefully get to the nearest tyre garage, only to find a piece of metal had shredded my tyre wall! Luckily he had a 20" worn tyre that was good enough to get me home and order a new one!

Comment

Working...
                              X