Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare Wheel My14 Insignai - 19 inch?

Hello,

Not been on here for a while but I'm after some advice. I'm off travelling around Europe in April (if covid calms its tits!). The last time I drove around Europe in 2016 I only had a 17 inch space saver, but I'm wanting a proper sized wheel to go in my spare wheel hole. I have bought the panels which you put in to raise the height of the book buy a good few inches so a full-sized wheel will fit in. I'm just wondering what type of wheel would fit, I'm not bothered about how it looks. If I get a puncture, all I want to do is change the wheel and carry on driving, rather than change to a space saver and hunt around for a new tyre.

I currently have the Atomic 19inch Alloys on the car!

Thanks in advance.

I have the full size 20" Elite alloy in mine with the boot risers, Fits no problem
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Are the boot risers all the same size?

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenshire lad View Post
        Are the boot risers all the same size?
        Yes

But it's either a 2 piece kit or a 3 piece kit
        https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Yes

But it's either a 2 piece kit or a 3 piece kit
          I have the 2 Piece kit!

I just want to make sure I buy the right wheel as I don't want to buy a 19" wheel to then find out it does not fit!

I know its 19" with a width of 8.5J but what about the spacing of the Bolts? Whats the PCD 5 x 120?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mcyates View Post

I have the 2 Piece kit!

I just want to make sure I buy the right wheel as I don't want to buy a 19" wheel to then find out it does not fit!

I know its 19" with a width of 8.5J but what about the spacing of the Bolts? Whats the PCD 5 x 120?

Thanks
            ive got the kit with the atomic and its got a bigger tyre and it fits.

PCD is the insignia A size - 5 studs - 120mm space between the studs.....across the way, not side by side.
            https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Originally posted by mcyates View Post
              Hello,

Not been on here for a while but I'm after some advice. I'm off travelling around Europe in April (if covid calms its tits!). The last time I drove around Europe in 2016 I only had a 17 inch space saver, but I'm wanting a proper sized wheel to go in my spare wheel hole. I have bought the panels which you put in to raise the height of the book buy a good few inches so a full-sized wheel will fit in. I'm just wondering what type of wheel would fit, I'm not bothered about how it looks. If I get a puncture, all I want to do is change the wheel and carry on driving, rather than change to a space saver and hunt around for a new tyre.

I currently have the Atomic 19inch Alloys on the car!

Thanks in advance.
              Like you I don't have a problem about looks, if I have a puncture. I bought a 17" steel wheel (not a space saver) as a spare. After all the diameters of the wheels, whether 17" or 20" are the same, just a different profile on the tyre. Used it once, puncture repaired, 20, no new tyre required. Just a tip, be careful when putting spare in wheel well, don't catch the boot cill, almost snapped mine off.
              Last edited by Dave71; 26-11-2021, 01:26 PM.
              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X