Wheel refurb-With poll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel refurb-With poll!

Right I've decided to have my wheels refurbished.They are the Diamond-cut 20" jobbies.I can't decide whether to have them re-cut or powder coated so I'm having a poll.

Over to you lot
    Re-Cut
    57.14%
    Gloss Black
    14.29%
    Matt Black
    7.14%
    Gloss Anthracite
    7.14%
    Matt Antracite
    14.29%
    2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

I dont want to vote for any of them. Can I just say Silver. If you do them dark they'll disappear. But that's just my opinion. But I wouldn't get them re-cut, from what I can see it doesn't last long.

Here's a link to what I looked at to get an idea, excuse my sh!te photoshop efforts! But ultimately it's what you want not what we think!
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/1ZPJj6v2h55Dk91HA
    Last edited by Drew; 06-01-2022, 01:45 PM.

Comment

None for me either.

Death shade wheels look absolutely shite

Comment

Recut for sure.. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210528-WA0014.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	319291 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210527-WA0015.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	319292

Comment

Keep them looking original unless you really, really hate them. My opinion of course.

Comment

If you can afford it, then re-cut, cant beat it, especially if thats how the wheels started out.

Comment

Remember..... getting them recut....you only get around a 6 - 12 month guarantee with them.

They then start showing the dreaded "white worm".

Comment

This is a bit like asking us for the next colour scheme in your buduir.
                The decision in the end is yours.

366456-866788 pantone jazzy jizz white!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Mmmm.
                  Re-cut is the forerunner at the mo'.
                  I'm just not stuck on Silver/black with the car being Silver.Even the ones that aren't scuffed look 'yellowish' close up.I need to have someone to look at them as the deep scuff on the rear might be too deep to re-cut anyway.
                  I'm edging between re-cut and gloss anthracite........
                  2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

Comment

as Drew said - silver, experience has shown me diamond cut refurbs don't last, don't like black wheels either. Up to you though.

Comment

Black will suit your car because it's light silver. I've voted gloss black because the shine catches the light. Photos never do black wheels justice but in the flesh they can look lovely. I know you wont go for black though because the sheep have started bleeting.

Don't waste your money on getting them recut. They will only worm again.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        Black will suit your car because it's light silver. I've voted gloss black because the shine catches the light. Photos never do black wheels justice but in the flesh they can look lovely. I know you wont go for black though because the sheep have started bleeting.

Don't waste your money on getting them recut. They will only worm again.
                        My Wife's Adam is Red with 17" Gloss Black wheels and TBH I think it looks good.
                        Having had a chat with a local Wheel refurbisher the gouge in the rear might be too deep for a re-cut anyway

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper68 View Post

Having had a chat with a local Wheel refurbisher the gouge in the rear might be too deep for a re-cut anyway
                            Wouldn't they just TIG some aluminium into the gouge and re-cut the weld back after powdercoating? Would take 10 minutes to fill.

Personally would go original or silver, but I've never really liked wheels being all dark coloured.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudster View Post
                              Wouldn't they just TIG some aluminium into the gouge and re-cut the weld back after powdercoating? Would take 10 minutes to fill.
                              Personally would go original or silver, but I've never really liked wheels being all dark coloured.
                              That's a possibility I suppose but I'll discuss all the options before hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X