Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front NS Stabiliser Arm

Hi all,

I have just discovered the stabiliser arm on the front NS on my 2013 Insignia CDTi isn’t attached at its top end any more. Compared to the OS it looks like the plastic (?) bolt is missing. Is it safe to drive a few miles to get it repaired? Or maybe a bit further as I’m away from home at the moment and could probably fix it myself on the drive.

It'll be fine mate
    just no sharp turns

Comment

Thanks for the advice RBH. Looking closer it’s the rubber which has split and the arm has come adrift. I will try to get the top end back over the ball and / or tie it up so it doesn’t move around too much. And take it easy on the way back home later this evening. Replacements are about to be ordered!

Comment

I put meyle HD on mine 3 years ago.
        they've been off and on....still good.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          I put meyle HD on mine 3 years ago.
          they've been off and on....still good.
          second that, mine have been off 5 times in 6 months ans still nice and tight and no damage to the rubber

Comment

Well, on full lock and with the phone torch I managed to get the the drop link end over the ball again OK and added a heavy-duty cable tie to keep it in place just in case. I’m just about to fit the new drop links, can anyone tell me the torque on the nuts for the two ends please?

Comment

Sparky67
              Learner Driver
              Sparky67 Tighten to 50nm.
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
              X