Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbies......other than cars

Originally posted by RB02259 View Post
    awesome man looking forward to seeing a picture [ATTACH=CONFIG]3471[/ATTACH]

there's a pic of mine
    That’s a nice axe! I love white with gold hardware. I’ve got a cheapish white and gold hollow body, unfortunately it’s started to yellow so doesn’t look as good as it once did!!

Anyway, here’s my beloved Gibson. I just wish
    it had trapezoid inlays...it’s my only bugbear with it. Currently saving up to treat myself to a Fender Strat or Tele to join it!

Comment

• Well.....I've bought another one.
      Saw it on the local gumtree for £85.
      Got it for £60 including the stand
      So it'll sit nicely with the other 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200206-WA0037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	244544

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
        Well.....I've bought another one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3621[/ATTACH]
        Good going with the price. That’s a nice finish that. I can’t quite make out if it’s a dark red or a brown though?

I managed to grab an old acoustic Hofner from the 70s at a car boot for £25 a few years back. I don’t think they knew what they had...lovely guitar. I’m running out of space to put them all now.

Comment

• That is lovely RBH .
          I've always been a fan of guitars.
          Never owned one.never played one .
          I got interested in them when I watched a documentary about Steve Howe ( brilliant guitarist out of Yes )
          He spoke so passionately about his collection.

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            That is lovely RBH .
            I've always been a fan of guitars.
            Never owned one.never played one .
            I got interested in them when I watched a documentary about Steve Howe ( brilliant guitarist out of Yes )
            He spoke so passionately about his collection.
            I have too many interests and hobbies for my own good but I love guitars too, like a lot of 80s rock and some older stuff. Unfortunately I don't know much about guitars but wanted to learn, so bought a Squier strat on a whim a while ago(I know they're just a cheap Fender but looks ok on display, not like these lovely ones you lot have). Sadly just never find time to properly get into it....probably need to stay off ID a bit more
            Last edited by tens6; 06-02-2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
              Good going with the price. That’s a nice finish that. I can’t quite make out if it’s a dark red or a brown though?

I managed to grab an old acoustic Hofner from the 70s at a car boot for £25 a few years back. I don’t think they knew what they had...lovely guitar. I’m running out of space to put them all now.
              Apparently it's called smoke .....but it's brown to me.

Comment

• I've started buying old stuff that's a bit knackered and restoring it. Currently have a Peugeot coffee grinder from the 40's that's just waiting on drilling and tapping a handle and putting back together and a couple of 70's Anglepoise workshop lamps. Also just finished polishing the living hell out of a Moka pot.

Camping is another thing I love doing with the fam. We've bought a new inflatable 6 man tent that were wanting to give a whirl soon.

My missus also says I'm a fan of red wine. She's not wrong

Comment

• Dogging

Comment

Dogging
                    With old Ken, from next door?

Comment

• The gym......just the gym, work and play, it takes up all my spare time ......

Comment

• I see I'm not the only string slinger on here. I have never owned particularly fancy guitars but I play a Squier Bass Vi which gets me some odd looks from some folks or I play my Fender Jazz for nights I'm feeling lazy. I also do enjoy playing my washburn 7 string, I used to own a Schecter 7 string that was matte black with smoked nickel hardware and a set of Seymour Duncans. Aww lads, it was amazing. Shame I had to sell it to afford to move out. Haha.
                        Apart from playing guitar, I used to be in the Irish Coast guard so I'm all too familiar with being in the cold cold Atlantic.
                        Nowadays I have gotten back into a passion that lay dormant for about 15 years. And this is the proper nerdy stuff... Dungeons and Dragons. I play 5th edition with a few mates and have done for the past couple years. Honestly folks, of you ever get a chance, give it a go. Great game, great laugh and it just seems to have something for everybody. And when I'm not doing all that, I'm either exercising, building computers or pc gaming. I have far too much on my plate and most of it costs too much money. But those are my hobbies.
                        One of the Irish boys. Mine is a 2011 SRI Ecoflex 160bhp w19 inch pentas, led interior lights,

Comment

• Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
                          That’s a nice axe! I love white with gold hardware. I’ve got a cheapish white and gold hollow body, unfortunately it’s started to yellow so doesn’t look as good as it once did!!

Anyway, here’s my beloved Gibson. I just wish
                          it had trapezoid inlays...it’s my only bugbear with it. Currently saving up to treat myself to a Fender Strat or Tele to join it!

hi mate

sorry only seeing your post now

lovely guitar! is it a special?

I would love a strat - currently have a lend of a malmsteen signature strat with the scalloped frets - fantastic instrument

An amp is first on my agenda, only started playing again recently and sold my half-stack a few years back

Comment

Well.....I've bought another one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3621[/ATTACH]
                            nice guitar mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
                              Yes Pete loving the collection, it's an expensive hobby but it's worth it I guess
                              I don't think anything is more expensive as playing with real cars and changing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RunPT View Post
                                The gym......just the gym, work and play, it takes up all my spare time ......
                                Cardio training or Bodybuilding (Pumping iron)

Comment

Working...
                                X