Hobbies......other than cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MattG View Post
    OK back to topic, my interests are RC Helicopters, Drones and watch a lot of you tube videos on car cleaning [emoji23]
    Something else I like and am into, basically anything RC

Comment

Il do a Rab and stop posting [emoji867]
      You leave him alone...Only I'm allowed to pick on him.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        son has a Yuneec typhoon,nice bit of kit,not that im a drone expert
        Really nice bit of kit.

Iv just started, currently have a mavic clone from eachine, 4k video etc, still learning. It's small and just under weight so don't need to register it.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Really nice bit of kit.

Iv just started, currently have a mavic clone from eachine, 4k video etc, still learning. It's small and just under weight so don't need to register it.
          Bet its black and getting lots polish

Comment

• Originally posted by ilunn View Post
            Bet its black and getting lots polish
            Nope

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
              No worries.

It’s a Les Paul Faded, came in two colours. This one and Worn Cherry Red - Wasn’t too keen on the red one though. They were on the cheaper end of the tier for Gibsons, but as you can imagine, still not particularly cheap.

I’ve got a few strat copies, one I play nearly all of the time. Bright yellow...looks very 80s! I’ve done a lot of tlc to it and I think it plays beautifully.

I’ve never played a scalloped neck, what is it like? I should get to a store and try one!
              very nice its lovely! yes mine's a studio also on the cheaper end, i picked it up second hand from my local guitar shop - it's 26 years old

cool! i was nearly by vintage v6 strat copy recently.

tbh i didn;'t find adjusting to the scallops too difficult. Haven't noticed any difference really but you have to be a bit more midnful when playing chords as pressing too hard can make it sound out of tune but i suppose the lighter touch is meant to bring speed benefits for neo-classical style shredding

Comment

• Originally posted by RB02259 View Post
                very nice its lovely! yes mine's a studio also on the cheaper end, i picked it up second hand from my local guitar shop - it's 26 years old

cool! i was nearly by vintage v6 strat copy recently.

tbh i didn;'t find adjusting to the scallops too difficult. Haven't noticed any difference really but you have to be a bit more midnful when playing chords as pressing too hard can make it sound out of tune but i suppose the lighter touch is meant to bring speed benefits for neo-classical style shredding
                Do you still have a local guitar shop? We had three here, they all closed down within a couple of years, which is a real big shame - have to do everything online now, this is really irritating when I want strings like yesterday! [emoji23]

Comment

• To all those guitarists on the forum, watch this 6 year old and weep
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                    To all those guitarists on the forum, watch this 6 year old and weep
                    https://youtu.be/ee0azRhL9yY
                    I'm not far behind her....I've learnt to rest the guitar on one knee now.

No really. I'm struggling. I can play a few made up tunes now but I doubt I'll ever be able to knock out anything recognisable.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post

No really. I'm struggling. I can play a few made up tunes now but I doubt I'll ever be able to knock out anything recognisable.
                      My tip is to buy a load of music books containing a selection of songs that you are really familiar with (I dunno, maybe the Beatles, Adam and the Ants, Megadeath or whatever), plus a decent chord book. Then learn the songs one by one, play them over and over until you don't need to look at the tabs, then move on to the next song. In a few weeks you'll build up a repertoire that you'll be able to play from memory.
                      And don't give up
                      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Paint it black will learn quicker [emoji23]

Comment

…..
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	51VxXZcRBqL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	244930

Comment

Paint it black will learn quicker [emoji23]
                            and he aint talking about The Rolling Stones song

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              …..
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4256[/ATTACH]
                              Tell you what, a helluva lot of people started out with Bert
                              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                                Tell you what, a helluva lot of people started out with Bert
                                I did...……..but the book disappeared long ago...……….I still have my Beatles 6 chord songbook though

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200309_194256930.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	244931

Comment

Working...
                                X