Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitcoin

Anyone got rich from bitcoin?

Some years ago I bought 10 bitcoins for 10 because it was the only way of paying for a usenet indexing website I was a member of at the time. The cost for a year was 7 bitcoins so I was left with 3 which I forgot about because a few months later the site closed and I never needed to use the bitcoins again. Then a couple of years later I heard they had shot up in price. 1 bitcoin was worth around 10 quid then went up to 30 each so I thought, wow I could make some money here. Then they started to drop so when they got down to 20 quid each I sold them and felt pleased I'd made myself 60.

Time moved on and 1 bitcoin was worth 100....200...300... I couldn't watch any more knowing I'd bottled it and sold so low and eventually forgot about them.

Just heard that they've just crashed and all of a sudden dropped 20% so I thought I'd check their current value.......1 bitcoin = 4,863

If only I'd held on to those 3 bitcoins longer.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18 five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8 colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

I get countless emails about my bitcoin account. Ironically, I've never bought into it..so I just delete them and wait for the next lot...strange how they get your details.

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
      I get countless emails about my bitcoin account. Ironically, I've never bought into it..so I just delete them and wait for the next lot...strange how they get your details.
      Well it is the currency of the criminal world so they'll have their ways and means.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18 five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8 colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Yeah Im the same last 3 emails today was that I had 13k 24k and 43k in 3 different accounts dont no what the con is but never had bit coin just delete

Comment

My wifes grandad invested in these and sold them just before Christmas hes big on the stocks etc and horse racing!! I know he made a small fortune on them but not sure the amount. He told me to invest in some year ago and I never did but wish I did now

Comment

I did look into Bitcoin on how to gain them through mining, but i got lost after that, never bothered.

Comment

with bitcoin being a virtual currency and not a legal point to point tender in this country, personally for me, this would be too high a risk, it only takes an online company to fold and everyone loses, until real goods and currency get no longer traded i cant see any positive in virtual currency or goods (online game accounts etc) being an alternative

I work in IT and know all to well when a system goes down your errrr..... buggered, but thats not say bitcion its self will fold though and there are stories of people who have made a fortune.

Although recognised as a currency they are classed as property and there are some countries that have not passed laws on their use.

crypto currencies will be mainframe in the not too distant future but i'm guessing there will be a global recognised currency created that can be used by the public anywhere in the world with bitcion being used for companies, unless bitcion is deemed worthless by the creation of a globally recognised currency and then becomes worthless and obselete overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                I did look into Bitcoin on how to gain them through mining, but i got lost after that, never bothered.
                Same here. I know it isn't cryptocurrency but has anyone tried this? https://www.tallymoney.com/

Comment

Yeah I think if some legit form started. The likes of bitcoin would fall flat on its face. Very risky to buy into but anyone buying a few 100 quids worth when I bought mine would be minted now.

Comment

Only worth investing up to 2017... then it crashed down and now seems stable... ish

Comment

so from march 2020

marko said, just heard that they've just crashed and all of a sudden dropped 20% so I thought I'd check their current value.......1 bitcoin = 4,863

now at 42-43 K for 1 bitcoin, any body ride / rising the wave , i am in but only as part of a portfolio and only a amount i can lose, but i am up some 1.5 K in my choices , its a wild ride !!
                      anybody else in
                      p.s @ 66 its not really a silversurfer thing and most of my same age friends think i am mad
                      dean.m

Comment

Originally posted by sri- nav View Post
                        so from march 2020

marko said, just heard that they've just crashed and all of a sudden dropped 20% so I thought I'd check their current value.......1 bitcoin = 4,863

now at 42-43 K for 1 bitcoin, any body ride / rising the wave , i am in but only as part of a portfolio and only a amount i can lose, but i am up some 1.5 K in my choices , its a wild ride !!
                        anybody else in
                        p.s @ 66 its not really a silversurfer thing and most of my same age friends think i am mad
                        dean.m
                        Stop it! I didn't need to know that! I'm skint!

Comment

I've got 12 bit coins

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            I've got 12 bit coins
                            if you have 12 bit coins you need and can afford a new car
                            dean.m

Comment

Originally posted by sri- nav View Post

if you have 12 bit coins y ou need and can afford a new car
                              dean.m
                              I'm also married to a 24 year blond with big tits, live in a 14 room mansion and have a 12 inch knob

Comment

Working...
                              X