What do you guys do for a living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danboy1984 View Post
    I’m a primary school teacher and teach in Year 5 (9-10 year olds). Into my 5th year doing it now and love the job. It’s definitely not a job you can go into half-hearted but every day is different and presents it’s own challenges. I worked in health and fitness for 12 years prior but wanted to provide more for my family, so went back to university and qualified as a teacher. Get to spend all the school holidays and weekends with my family now, I just have to work silly hours during the week (contrary to popular belief, we don’t go in at 9 and go home at 3)
    Take my hat off to you for going into that line of work a few relatives on my other halves side are teachers and I know it’s a hard graft most days!.

Comment

Software Developer, of which I provide Software to Engineering/Manufacturing companies - or anywhere that really needs a resource planning system!

Comment

Hi all I'm a lorry driver also.. Currently in a grab lorry working for a tarmac firm that deals with Surrey County Council

Good money, and easy work with good finishing hours

I used to drive coaches across the continent for years, but got fed up being away from the gf and kids constantly so decided a change in career was needed

Comment

Originally posted by Rossy1981 View Post
          Hi all I'm a lorry driver also.. Currently in a grab lorry working for a tarmac firm that deals with Surrey County Council

Good money, and easy work with good finishing hours

I used to drive coaches across the continent for years, but got fed up being away from the gf and kids constantly so decided a change in career was needed

Exactly my reasons mate.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Exactly my reasons mate.
            Continental work is a single man's game.. spent so much time away that I never really saw my family much, sometimes I was away for 10 days at a time. Could be anywhere in Europe.

Don't get me wrong, it was a constant free holiday in a way, and I've seen so much and been to so many places, but the novelty wears off fast when away all the time.

Now I come home everyday usually before the kids finish school, I get weekends off unless I want to work, plus my new line of work is with a good bunch of lads so we have a blast all day at work

Comment

That's how I felt bud.......and I wasn't single... had kids and then grandkids........I've gave driving jobs for good now.

Gave up the driving to be in the house every night.......now I do constant night shift

Comment

I work in the aircraft industry in a MRO repairing aircraft nacelles.

Comment

just for intoductions
                  retired in march 2020 after 35 years as a insurance/accident damage asssesor for major motor insurers. glad to be out, and fortunate enough to be secure in theses insecure times .
                  dean.m

Comment

Working...
                  X