Advice please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please...

I'm in the market for another car, I've maybe narrowed it down to 2.

No1. 2013 insignia 2.0 cdti vx line nav. 50,000 miles, fsh, 12 mths mot
    No2. 2011 Skoda octavia vrs 2.0 petrol, 54,000, fsh 12 mths mot.
    Petrol or diesel, I'm easy. Octavia diesel is over priced, so petrol is the choice...
    I know some ops mat not like this post, as its purely insignia, but I really am spoilt for choice.
    My old siggy was brilliant, only cost me 2x tyres and full led interior upgrade..never let me down, but the regen was the issue, mind you, at least you could carry on driving and it would eventually clear itself...any thoughts would be appreciated...

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

For me the insignia.always had a soft spot for them
    the newer octivia VRS looks lovely.but the early ones of that year nooooooo .
    just remember Arfa this may be an insignia forum by name but we will always help anyone
    look at me and my Swedish tractor.

18-3; keep on trucking!

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I've got a max budget of £8000, but cannot seem to find a facelift with low miles..my wishlist is front and rear pdc, all electric windows and 19" alloys, and sat nav. Not a lot to ask for, but the only one I've found is a pre facelift with manual rear windows, not a deal breaker, but I would like what I want..I'm just worried about the dreaded oil pick up seal on a higher mileage model..

Comment

Have you also considered Mondeo?
        Best to test drive the petrol vrs see if you like it first.

Comment

Booked to view Rabs recommendation, ironically the dealer is literally over the road from my house. Had a phone conversation, about the 2 cars, both vx line nav on 65 and 16 plates, ex lease vehicles, so fully documented service history is available. I've also got a bit of wiggle room to factor in the cost of the cam belt change. This apparently hasn't been done on either car as they are below 100,000 miles, so, I'll post an update as to whether I've took the plunge......they are both beautiful cars and have all my spec requirements....once again, I'd like to send a big thank you to Rab......cheers

Comment

Nice one bud

Your more than welcome.

Sometimes others see what others don't.

And I'm always happy to spend other people's money

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              Nice one bud

Your more than welcome.

Sometimes others see what others don't.

And I'm always happy to spend other people's money
              Thanks Rab, I'll post how I got on, chances are I'll go for the black one, always said I'd never buy another black car, but this is a beauty, always got the blue one as a second option. Just spoke to dealer, I can view and drive both on the same day

Comment

Nice one bud.
                im sure whichever one you choose, it'll be a cracker

Comment

Took the plunge, beautiful Motor, chose the blue one, all bells and whistles, rear camera etc. Done a deal on cam belt, £240 all in plus water pump. Bargain......pics to follow, just ordering full led interior lights,and led number plate lights....

Comment

Nice one bud.

It certainly looks a good 'un

Comment

Am I right in saying that the water pump on the b20dth is not driven by the cam belt, if not ,does the pump need changing also, not a problem as the price includes the water pump?

Comment

Okay, it hasn't got the larger alloys but good price for low mileage 2ltr Elite Turbo
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                          Am I right in saying that the water pump on the b20dth is not driven by the cam belt, if not ,does the pump need changing also, not a problem as the price includes the water pump?

You are correct the water pump is driver of aux belt, now lot of garages that have no experience with the B engines won't know this, kits alone for the B20DTH are like nearly £300 and don't have water pump, if water pump was driven by cambelt it makes sense to change it very similar to dmf, if you doing clutch you would change the dmf due to labour cots, I wouldn't worry about the water pump in your case. But I am interested if they will actually do the cambelt at the agreed price.

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post

You are correct the water pump is driver of aux belt, now lot of garages that have no experience with the B engines won't know this, kits alone for the B20DTH are like nearly �300 and don't have water pump, if water pump was driven by cambelt it makes sense to change it very similar to dmf, if you doing clutch you would change the dmf due to labour cots, I wouldn't worry about the water pump in your case. But I am interested if they will actually do the cambelt at the agreed price.
                            I've actually paid the £240 and am awaiting a date next week to have it done, apparently the dealer told me it is a standard cost for them. Like you, I was baffled by this, but he assured me that it is correct. I'll post how I get on

Comment

That looks great.

Comment

Working...
                              X