Paying the Bills - What's Your Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying the Bills - What's Your Job?

I thought it might be something different to see what everyone does for a living - in normal times anyway.

I'll start us off with a picture of my office, been in the industry a couple of years now. Extremely quiet at the moment as is fairly obvious, probably why I'm spending so much time scrolling though here! Apologies - it haven't got my name/date on the photo, but next time I'm at work I'll try and get another.

This one was taken at the end of November on the way to Lanzarote early morning.

Happy New Year Click image for larger version

Name:	Work.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	281844​​

Well I wouldn't mind your office if I could afford it Dudderz, one of my passion but family and kids got in the way a bit, still hopping to get my PPL but to late to get to commercial, but I still point just something different that got 12 wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudderz View Post
      I thought it might be something different to see what everyone does for a living - in normal times anyway.

I'll start us off with a picture of my office, been in the industry a couple of years now. Extremely quiet at the moment as is fairly obvious, probably why I'm spending so much time scrolling though here! Apologies - it haven't got my name/date on the photo, but next time I'm at work I'll try and get another.

This one was taken at the end of November on the way to Lanzarote early morning.

what a job you have

who do you work for ?
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

@plasma would have a field day with all those electronics

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a very small change you might encounter one of they products I used to write software for: https://youtu.be/gQ9CT89jMhs

Comment

• Dudderz
            Dudderz commented
            Editing a comment
            Ernst what exactly did you do with the lights? Cool video!

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
          Well I wouldn't mind your office if I could afford it Dudderz, one of my passion but family and kids got in the way a bit, still hopping to get my PPL but to late to get to commercial, but I still point just something different that got 12 wheels.
          Ade, go for it mate. I spread my training out over around 5 years so I could actually afford it - I used to be a postie and worked all the overtime I could get for a couple of lessons a week! More than possible though

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post

what a job you have

who do you work for ?
            exclusiv. I work for a cheap and (kinda) cheerful European carrier i'll let you work out the possibilities haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman205 View Post
              @plasma would have a field day with all those electronics

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Iceman205 I still can't believe all the lights you see (apart from the screens) are still filament bulbs. We carry a spare set behind my seat, each light has got 2 bulbs for redundancy but i'm forever pulling the caps off to replace a burnt out one! Maybe plasma needs to offer his services to Boeing.

Comment

Dudderz We've made an alternative for the old CCR based AGL systems. Each LED light is equipped with a microprocessor so it could tell the control unit it is defect. In theory it shouldn't be needed to check the lights anymore as the system itself could detect defect lights. There are no connectors used to connect the lights to the cable, just induction. Also it is possible to control each light separate. I used to made part of the software in the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                  Dudderz We've made an alternative for the old CCR based AGL systems. Each LED light is equipped with a microprocessor so it could tell the control unit it is defect. In theory it shouldn't be needed to check the lights anymore as the system itself could detect defect lights. There are no connectors used to connect the lights to the cable, just induction. Also it is possible to control each light separate. I used to made part of the software in the lights.
                  Sounds brilliant mate, wish I had that sort of know how. Thanks for helping to keep us all safe!

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds brilliant mate, wish I had that sort of know how. Thanks for helping to keep us all safe!

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk
                    Well, don't care to swap jobs . I think your job's better to be honest...

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Work.jpg Views:	82 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	281844​​
                      Looks like Rab's dashboard in his car.

Well what can I say? Can't compete with an airline pilot...I've been a lowly Caretaker at a convent for the past 36 years.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I can’t compete with that! Looks fun!

I work in IT and maintenance for a mental health charity. Best job I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

exclusiv. I work for a cheap and (kinda) cheerful European carrier i'll let you work out the possibilities haha!
                          first buski

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

Looks like Rab's dashboard in his car.

Well what can I say? Can't compete with an airline pilot...I've been a lowly Caretaker at a convent for the past 36 years.
                            nothing like kicking a man when he's down eh

Comment

Working...
                            X