Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new phone.

Hey folks,

Just thought I would get some feedback of you guys as its always helpful getting actual user views...

I am currently using a Huawei, its been a brilliant phone for what I need it for, but its now creaking with the 32Gb storage, so time for a replacement.
    Sadly, I dont think I can get another Huawei due to the restriction in plce with Google...really struggling to find something else suitable.

I dont like Samsungs, cannot get friendly with an iPhone....been looking at Oppo???

What would you guys recommend? I need probably 128Gb storage with slot for SD Card, got to be Android.

This isnt a "wanted" advert, but it anyone has got an unwanted upgrade they want to sell, I would consider it, drop me a PM.

This thread really is so I can just see what you guys are using. I would happily buy a mint used phone off ebay, as I have done in the past, in fact my last 2 have been used but as good as new and I have got 2.5 years out of each one.

Dont want to spend heavan and earth, as some of the phone prices are, quite franky, mind blowing!

Thanks.

I has a Motorola G6 for 5 years....brilliant phone but eventually it wasn't holding charge.

I've replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy A51 - 128gb internal memory.

Only had it a couple of weeks so can't really comment on it but so far it's been spot on.

Comment

I always get my daughters Sony Xperia cast offs,when she upgrades to latest models,brilliant phones
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Pixel 4A
        Like to be different.
        The rest of my family have those God f iPhones .
        You stick them in Tesco's and someone's phone goes off and they all reach to answer there phones .
        I've got Rhubarb and custard as my ring tone !

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I know you don't like Samsung, but I've used them for ages...now have the A52 2021 model...updated version of the old A52, as Samsung have been regenerating their older models, with better specs .Cracking phone for what I use for..

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here,Samsung came from Htc.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Just replaced my five year ols Samsung Galaxy A6 with Samsung Galaxy s10e (it's about same size as my old phone, not big). It's 128gb virtually all the features of the bigger s10 in a smaller packkage and I got it off Music Magpie for just over £200. Only had it a few days but liking it, good camera, faster than the old phone and longer battery life. Music Magpie have a 14 day money back guarantee if you don't like there stuff you can send it back for free and get your cash back.

Comment

Cheers guys, will have another look at the Samsung, I have A6 work phone and absolutely hate it, hence assumed they all are pretty much the same.
                I have been looking at a few Oppo's, they seem to be well spec'd but my god the price of phones these days is eye watering.

Comment

After lots of HTCs, I got an Honor 8x 3 years ago. It was great, but then the privacy issues meant that it stopped getting Android updates. Bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (8Gb) in May. And it's terrific - ticks all the boxes for me (and by the sound of things Vx-man's too) for£270. Worth checking out. https://www.stuff.tv/review/redmi-note-10-pro-review/
                  Last edited by PeteH; 27-10-2021, 10:55 AM.
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                    After lots of HTCs, I got an Honor 8x 3 years ago. It was great, but then the privacy issues meant that it stopped getting Android updates. Bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (8Gb) in May. And it's terrific - ticks all the boxes for me (and by the sound of things Vx-man's too) for£270. Worth checking out. https://www.stuff.tv/review/redmi-note-10-pro-review/
                    Ironically, I was looking at the Xiomi last night...might have to settle for an alternattive model as that £270 is out my price range. Watching a few on ebay at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post

Ironically, I was looking at the Xiomi last night...might have to settle for an alternattive model as that £270 is out my price range. Watching a few on ebay at the moment.
                      If you manage to pick one up you won't be disappointed
                      EDIT: The note 10s looks like a possible contender, at £159 on the Xiaomi site...
                      Redmi Note 10s is equipped with 64 MP quad-camera and 13MP front camera,6.43-inch AMOLED, fast charging with 33 W, MediaTek Helio G95 processor, 5000 mAh battery with.

Last edited by PeteH; 27-10-2021, 01:49 PM.
                      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post

If you manage to pick one up you won't be disappointed
                        EDIT: The note 10s looks like a possible contender, at £159 on the Xiaomi site...
                        Redmi Note 10s is equipped with 64 MP quad-camera and 13MP front camera,6.43-inch AMOLED, fast charging with 33 W, MediaTek Helio G95 processor, 5000 mAh battery with.
                        Right, let me take a proper look in that case.

The £159 is 64Gb, ill probably look at the 128Gb.

Is there a 9s ???

Comment

I don't know much about the rest of the Xiaomi range, except that the Poco range tends to be a less bells and whistles range. Check on https://mobile.mi.com/uk/, there are links to all their ranges. Certainly I've been more than pleased with my Note 10 Pro, great battery life, good photo quality and terrific screen (OLED 120hz). Also, the 128Gb 10s is only£40 or so less than the 10 Pro...
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hua...adgets-3812536

Haewei P30 Pro looks like an excellent phone. Review here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CwDb6YD3sQ
                            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Whilst that would have been my phone of choice, been advised that all Huawei phones will at some point lose access to Google... Shame as they are a top top phone

Comment

Working...
                              X