No announcement yet.

ThinkDiag Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must admit it never used to bring that screen up, I had 2 choices, click one and it seemed to work ok.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• I usually do a full system scan then pick my module as manual shows up what u have screenshotted and the last 3 letters mean nothing to me

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MattG View Post
        Which engine do you have

I have the A20DTH engine

Comment

• Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
          The reason why the failed regen message could be because the DPF was full .it will bring the satuation. Level down to about 75% only once you have taken it for a drive and it performs a passive regen then levels go down further about 25 %
          check you oil level if its higher thanmax then change oil and filter toot sweet
          Or else it could lead to bottom end damage .
          Good shout, oil is 1cm above max, booked in for full service in a weeks time.

Looks like regens been failing for a bit, latest diag report attached.

Comment

• Why would you say not doing regens. 48% is ok,

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Why would you say not doing regens. 48% is ok,

hi that percentage was after a forced regen, feel it must of been failing for a while due to the increase of oil in the engine, must be diluted with fuel, had a full service today and fitted the led to visually show when a regen in progress, time will tell

Comment

• Originally posted by dbagnall2002 View Post

hi that percentage was after a forced regen, feel it must of been failing for a while due to the increase of oil in the engine, must be diluted with fuel, had a full service today and fitted the led to visually show when a regen in progress, time will tell
                After a forced regen it should perform a proper regen and drop it to 7-11% ish. Monitor the readings

Comment

• But also you have to imagine that as a DPF gets older then the amount of soot contained in it will rise and no matter how hot the exhaust gas gets in regen it will not be able to burn it all off , so the reading you are getting is quite normal.
                  you have fitted a led so you know now when its performing a regen
                  And as stated before check oil level if you are in doubt.
                  Though I don't own an Insignia, I do run cars with DPF'S but have never had problems. And both cars are run around town .which in theory is not good, I think I've only smelt my car do 1 regen because it smelt a bit of raw diesel .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• I got mine last month and low & behold the OEM mild steel down pipe flexi decided to shear completely one one side so was blowing like a world class hooker... This in turn put the EML on due to the Lambda getting to much Oxygen and registering a fault in the system..

So plugged in the ThinkDiag, full system scan and as expected the o2 sensor was at fault... Had a toy with it, checking individual systems, and generally having a right good play with it & tbh... can't fault it. Seems like a very good diagnostic tool & certainly packs a punch given the size of it.

All in all, a great tool to have in the box
                    2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
                    Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Elite Leather Interior, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Under Bonnet Mirrors, RS Bonnet Vents, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mmX32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" VX Line Elite Alloys, Stainless downpipes, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam.

Comment

• So, after the forced regen and the full service, 3 weeks have passed and service vehicle soon is back on the dash, dpf not plausible.

So have ordered a genuine replacement sensor, looks easy to fit, but from reading on here the new sensor will need to be learnt ? Can thinkdiag do that.?

Comment

• It doesn't require coding or any of that faf .
                        It will learn itself
                        But saying that have you checked for codes .
                        Check saturation level of the DPF
                        And check your oil level if it's high then that's a sign regeneration has not taken place.
                        Is yours a pressure differential type or just a pressure type . check hoses as well .
                        Your best bet as with any fault is to start a thread in drivetrain And transmission section.
                        As this is a Thinkdiag
                        Review section.
                        Not a section for helping with faults with your car .

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Last edited by lizzard-t; 26-09-2021, 09:31 AM.

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                        X