No announcement yet.

ThinkDiag Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again this tool has done it's job,Audi Q3 oil reset and Seat Ateca,oil reset and DPF check,daughter and son-in-law over the moon both cars have been sorted.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

See mine wouldn't do regen as said there was an error on glow plug 4 but it wasn't the glow plug it was the relay but as I don't do the miles there's no way it would just do the regen by itself as it probably does 30 miles a week there was loads or errors for failed regens

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
        If all is ok, the ECU will command a regen,ie temp and soot level,it's likely it's been doing them without you knowing,fit the led mod for regen in your r/h door tweeter will notify you when it's regening.
        Yea i tried to do that but i struggles to keep the wires in there if you know what i mean

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Daveyboii71 View Post
          I don't know I just went into maintenance and clicked on reset dpf and I just followed the instructions on screen though it was a little scary I expected the 2000 revs but not the 3500 so I was a bit concerned I ended up standing over the road and watching the street dissappear
          3500 revs is normal for forced a regen on Insignia due to the temperature that needs to be achieved, its normally recommended to open boot and bonnet when it is being done. You can normally see when the last regen was done in the thinkdiag but the mod is highly recommended with the led as you can make sure that you let the regen complete this way.
          Thinkdiag - Turn your smart phone into a OE level diagnostic tool for your car brand, ThinkDiag is bi-directional and supports manufacturer specific code reading, special functions, actuation tests and live data.
          All members of this forum get a 10% discount from my website https://www.Thinkdiag.co.uk . Please contact me for a discount code as they are unique.

Comment

Watch your engine oil,it'll get contaminated,take it for a good run once a week too many failed regens spells trouble.
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

After trying to read the codes on my Insignia via 3 different scanners (including an expensive Snap-On one), is the ThinkDiag/iPad the way to go? I feel that I'm 'in the dark' not knowing why the 'service now' indication has resently started to appear when the ignition is turned on (now a lumpy idle when stone cold - glow plug?) And I expect to keep the car for several years

Regards,

Karl

Comment

Could be a glow plug could also be other things, i have had this once when mechanic did not attach the maf sensor after doing timing belt change. If the service now light is on a good diagnostic tool like the thinkdiag should be able to pull the codes for you as it will do full system scan and support enhanced manufacturer codes. Don't forget to create your own private post in the Thinkdiag Discount Code Requests Section to get your 10% off code.

Thanks
                Thinkdiag - Turn your smart phone into a OE level diagnostic tool for your car brand, ThinkDiag is bi-directional and supports manufacturer specific code reading, special functions, actuation tests and live data.
                All members of this forum get a 10% discount from my website https://www.Thinkdiag.co.uk . Please contact me for a discount code as they are unique.

Comment

Originally posted by KarlS View Post
                  After trying to read the codes on my Insignia via 3 different scanners (including an expensive Snap-On one), is the ThinkDiag/iPad the way to go? I feel that I'm 'in the dark' not knowing why the 'service now' indication has resently started to appear when the ignition is turned on (now a lumpy idle when stone cold - glow plug?) And I expect to keep the car for several years

Regards,

Karl
                  Definitely the way to go. Reads loads, resets loads and lets you activate and test loads. As you may guess I'm a fan

Comment

The way to go...Great tool

Comment

• So for clarity, if I use it for one car make only I will get 2 years full use before needing to start paying the annual subscription?

Karl

Comment

• You will get 2 years full for all car brands not just the one brand then after two years you will need to renew.

Comment

• Does all functions work on a 2010 vxr,and component coding?

Comment

• I'm sure it will,does a hell of a lot this tool.

Comment

• Might make a purchase then.has to be better than my clone delphi i use at the moment,wont read airbag system on minethead

Comment

• It's a good tool,I've reset my afl,also learned new throttle body tps1 and tps2,played with a few things as this does loads,just as dealer level.

Comment

Working...
                                X