Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COMING SOON - Forum Software Upgrade

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • COMING SOON - Forum Software Upgrade

    The forum will shortly be updated to the latest version of Vbulletin, the software which runs Insignia-drivers.uk . The current version is no longer supported and classed as end of life, it also doesn't support the latest more secure versions of PHP which other websites on the server require. We therefore have little option but to upgrade to give the site a long term future.

    We are currently working to set up the updated site and trying to keep as many features as possible keeping the style as close as possible to what you know, an announcement will be made when the site is due to go live.

    Here is a quick look at what the new site will look like
    Click image for larger version

Name:	new-home.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	251100


    Photo galleries are automatically created from photos uploaded into the threads

    Click image for larger version

Name:	photos.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	251101

    Clicking on the Photos, gives you a link to the user and post the photo was uploaded into.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photos2.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	251104



    Posts can be liked with a summary of likes given and received viewable under your username

    Click image for larger version

Name:	likes.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	251102


    Search and insert GIPHYs into posts as well as all the smilies currently available
    Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	251103


    Some items will be lost with the upgrade such as

    • Chatbox on homepage
    • Loves, Likes and Thanks will be replaced with just Likes.
    Last edited by Site Admin; 19-07-2020, 05:37 PM.

  • #2
    Looking good buddy
    siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

    Comment


    • #3

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah could do with the same sort of upgrade myself. Sounds good.

        Comment


        • #5
          ..................!

          J.K.M.P.C.U

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks pretty good.

            I personally would do away with the chatbox.

            Some new members sign up and go straight to it looking for answers instead of posting on the main forum......

            Harder to get an answer on it and if there is a remedy, then it's not recorded and others who have the same issue won't get to see it.

            Just a thought

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RBH View Post
              Looks pretty good.

              I personally would do away with the chatbox.

              Some new members sign up and go straight to it looking for answers instead of posting on the main forum......

              Harder to get an answer on it and if there is a remedy, then it's not recorded and others who have the same issue won't get to see it.

              Just a thought
              The chatbox is so small, I struggle to read it, hence I don't bother

              Comment


              • #8
                Looks good, always nice to keep things fresh and up to date.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Site Admin View Post
                  The forum will shortly be updated to the latest version of Vbulletin, the software which runs Insignia-drivers.uk . The current version is no longer supported and classed as end of life, it also doesn't support the latest more secure versions of PHP which other websites on the server require. We therefore have little option but to upgrade to give the site a long term future.

                  We are currently working to set up the updated site and trying to keep as many features as possible keeping the style as close as possible to what you know, an announcement will be made when the site is due to go live.

                  Here is a quick look at what the new site will look like
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]6874[/ATTACH]

                  Photo galleries are automatically created from photos uploaded into the threads

                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]6875[/ATTACH]
                  Clicking on the Photos, gives you a link to the user and post the photo was uploaded into.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]6880[/ATTACH]


                  Posts can be liked with a summary of likes given and received viewable under your username

                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]6878[/ATTACH]

                  Search and insert GIPHYs into posts as well as all the smilies currently available
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]6879[/ATTACH]

                  Some items will be lost with the upgrade such as
                  • Chatbox on homepage
                  • Loves, Likes and Thanks will be replaced with just Likes.
                  Looks nice and clean I like it.
                  Last edited by Site Admin; 25-07-2020, 09:48 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Drew View Post
                    The chatbox is so small, I struggle to read it, hence I don't bother
                    You should try going to Specsavers

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by pauliesco View Post
                      You should try going to Specsavers
                      And that's reading it on a 10in tablet......how you lot read all this on a phone is beyond me. You mock but you have it all to come.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Drew View Post
                        And that's reading it on a 10in tablet......how you lot read all this on a phone is beyond me. You mock but you have it all to come.
                        I agree with you I can't see it either it's like a blur and it's to much like hard work trying to zoom into it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Drew View Post
                          And that's reading it on a 10in tablet......how you lot read all this on a phone is beyond me. You mock but you have it all to come.
                          Nope don't have it to come, already here [emoji1787]
                          MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The chat box is a bag of rubber nails .
                            I would rather put my tally wackle in a vice than try to use that
                            And much more enjoyable as well !

                            J.K.M.P.C.U

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X