• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insignia is no more in uk

looks like they pulled the plug on em due to popularity of electric

shame really ...

Vauxhall Insignia Is Dead In The UK, Its Opel Namesake Lives On | Carscoops

No surprise really. Never sold in sufficient numbers, and at the right prices, to keep it going. Still available as an Opel.....for now.....but will just die later than the Vauxhall one. Lots of speculation about its successor, if indeed there will be one, and I guess that the Insignia name will also disappear. RIP.

Comment

was only a matter of time to be fair, by 2030 car manufacturers wont be able to produce sole fossel fuel vehicles, any new vehicle will be hybrid/plugin or sole electric. I'm actually in the process of planning an EV conversion for my 09 Vauxhall insignia (project car)

Comment

Might not be replacement, Ford ditched Mondeo because fleets tend to go BMW, Merc,Audi and families opting for SUV,s over larger family cars!!! Shame but changing world!!! Then there’s the electric having larger uptake due to current fuel price hikes!!! Even read that the 2030 deadline on petrol & diesel could be brought forward to 2027!!!!!
        MikeW
        Street Racer
        Last edited by MikeW; 27-05-2022, 02:03 AM.

Upgrades/Mods Done:
        Gentex Genk2 Auto Dipping Mirror Fitted,Mio MiVue 826 Dash Camera Hardwired, Parking Sensors Fitted, Private Plates Fitted, Interior Lights Upgraded to LED (Done Lights/Footwell Lights/Boot Lights(Second Boot Light Added)), Reversing Lights upgraded to LED, Numberplate Lights Upgraded to LED, Power Point with USB added to boot, Custom Car mats, Headlight bulbs upgraded to NOVSIGHT 9012 LED Headlight Bulbs 50W 10000LM 6500k, Reversing Camera, Map Update (2019 Maps), Unlocked Hidden Dash menu’s, Heko Wind Deflectors, Genuine Vauxhall Mud Flaps Front & Rear, Boot Storage Nets. Front LED Fog Lights (Oushi H10 12000 Lumens 6000k), Space Saver Spare Wheel & Tools, Alloy Wheels Refurb & Callipers Painted (Blue), HMI 2.5 Control Unit (All upgraded by Plasma), LED Dynamic Side Indicator Repeaters, VX Line Flat Botton Steering Wheel, Home Fabricated Boot Risers.

Ordered Mods:

Planned Mods:
        Re-Map, LED Indicator, LED Fog Light Rear, Rear diffuser Opel insignia Vauxhall car Styling Diffüser rear body kit Spoiler, K&N Air Filter, Exhaust
        MORE TO FOLLOW, WATCH THIS

Comment

Originally posted by khallie06 View Post
          was only a matter of time to be fair, by 2030 car manufacturers wont be able to produce sole fossel fuel vehicles, any new vehicle will be hybrid/plugin or sole electric. I'm actually in the process of planning an EV conversion for my 09 Vauxhall insignia (project car)

Comment

Electric vehicles are cr£p !
            No inforstructor .
            And they look freeking ugly .
            I'm just going to go around polluting the already polluted atmosphere with my oil burner, thought it can't be that polluting as I only pay£30.00 tax per year.
            As for modifying an insignia to be electric well , if you cost it up then you may well be into the price of an electric mixer.
            But also trying to register it as electric through the DVLA will probably cause a very large A## ache .
            As for the insignia being no more , well it's a conclusion that has been on the cards for ages .
            We shall all get over it and buy a different one .
            Hay ho progress !

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by khallie06 View Post
              I'm actually in the process of planning an EV conversion for my 09 Vauxhall insignia (project car)
              You could be like this guy once its done

Comment

Working...
              X