Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member with a lot of questions.

Hello all,
    I'm looking for a used Insignia for my next car.
    I'd like it to come with Adaptive Cruise Control (I do alot of motorway miles), but am finding it difficult to tell which models have it.

Used car ads, like auto trader, don't make it searchable and listings don't mention it.

I'm limiting my searches to 2017 Elite Nav models (they fit my budget of 10-15k).

I thought, if the left D-pad had the top button marked with the collision icon, it would have it. But the ACC "how to" video and manual show the cruise control icon is different with ACC, it has a picture of a car behind the speedo icon. All the models I've seen, with the collision icon at the top of the D-pad, have just a speedo icon, without the car behind it.

Test drives are difficult to arrange at the moment for obvious reasonsreasons.

Can an Elite Nav have collision detection without having ACC?
    Is there an easy way to tell from pics on used car sites if it has ACC?

Thanks for any help. Kind of got my heart set on an insignia the more I read up on them, but really want to get the right model.

helluva lot of questions for an introduction

Comment

Yeeeeehaaaaaaa JEA_123
      AAC was part of driver assistance pack 2 which came with collision detection warning
      due. To the front mounted camera .
      but all optional .
      ****useful link alert *****
      I just came across this site, could be handy for those finding out which car you've just bought: https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/fleet/tools-and-apps/historicaldata.html Just select "LITERATURE ARCHIVE" -> "Individual Price Guides: Cars" ->Discontinued Vehicles (or Insignia B) and then the year. Enjoy!

1@-467 keep on moving!

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I think you have it sussed. Most (I think all) have collision warning the top (12 o'clock) symbol on the left pad. The right (3 'o clock) symbol is the speedo symbol for cruise and its only active cruise if it also has the car symbol next to it. As said it's part of an assistance package that is an option and not all have it, not even elites. Unfortunately on the preface it's a game of roulette for options, when PSA took over and the facelift came along they simplified everything so they should be more consistent.

Happy hunting

Comment

It is indeed a bit unclear. I've got the collision symbol bit,, but it does has the active cruise control control. For me that was a must have so I also had problems determining which car had only collision warning or the full active cruise control. Best way is to find out unfortunately.

Comment

Thanks for all your help.
            Sounds like I'll have to push for a Covid secure test drive.

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
            It is indeed a bit unclear. I've got the collision symbol bit,, but it does has the active cruise control control. For me that was a must have so I also had problems determining which car had only collision warning or the full active cruise control. Best way is to find out unfortunately.
            Ernst, what does your cruise control icon on your steering wheel button look like? Is it a pic of just a speedo, or does it have a pic of a car behind the speedo too?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200916_101329.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	282699
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Yeah the easy answer is collision alert is standard on all Insignia Bs so every car you look at will have the icon at the top of the d pad so it can be confusing. The cruise control icon looks a little different on cars with adaptive cruse control.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

In case the picture I is unclear here's another one.
                  it does has a car next to the cruise control symbol.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Easier way to tell if its a 17plate Insignia A

Check the front grill of the car, just to the right of the centre will be 2 blanked off bits which protect the radar behind it

but looking at your budget puts in the B range, so i defer to all the posts above
                    Last edited by plasma; 18-01-2021, 01:01 PM.
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Thank again for all the advice.
                      I've looked at a lot of insignias, and haven't seen a single one in the UK that has the same icon as Ernst, with the car behind the speedo.
                      Even in the few where adaptive cruise control is specified in the ad - they have the collision icon at the 12 o'clock position and just a normal cruise control icon at the 3 o'clock.
                      Perhaps for right hand drive vehicles the supply of button was different for some reason?

Comment

Originally posted by JEA_123 View Post
                        Thank again for all the advice.
                        I've looked at a lot of insignias, and haven't seen a single one in the UK that has the same icon as Ernst, with the car behind the speedo.
                        Even in the few where adaptive cruise control is specified in the ad - they have the collision icon at the 12 o'clock position and just a normal cruise control icon at the 3 o'clock.
                        Perhaps for right hand drive vehicles the supply of button was different for some reason?
                        I can't help buddy....I've still got and old A

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

I can't help buddy....I've still got and old A
                          Maybe an old A but a top notch one it has to be said.

Comment

Just checked the manual and the Insignia B with ACC should have the same symbol as previous models.
                            My 2018 Elite Nav has the Crash collision system but not ACC.(ignore my sig I need to edit it out.I thought I had ACC but don't )
                            2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper68 View Post
                              Just checked the manual and the Insignia B with ACC should have the same symbol as previous models.
                              My 2018 Elite Nav has the Crash collision system but not ACC.(ignore my sig I need to edit it out.I thought I had ACC but don't )
                              Just as well you didn't try it!

Comment

Working...
                              X