Hello all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all.

Hello all, I am new to this site as in the next few weeks I will be in the market to buy a Vauxhall Insignia.

As mentioned I am looking to purchase a pre facelift Insignia. I am going to go for the 160bhp 2.0 cdti sri model. What are your experiences with these please? What mpg do you get ( I do mostly motorway driving)? What do I look out for when I’m looking at one e.g common problems etc? Thank you in advance.

Comment

They gotta be the worst car on the roads.

You can get 88mpg from the 160 version, but be careful of the smoke that comes from the engine...... especially when it's warm and you remove the cap off the rocker.

Don't put black wheels on it coz they look crap, and you'll end up living in Hull with a bald nun.
      https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Yoooooooooohoooooooooo adlyons.
        as above, but also make sure it comes with 6 wheels, it will all become self explanatory when looking .
        Also any car previousley owned by either quazimo, or shakin stevens should be avoided at all costs

Breaker breaker there's a potential new owner in the air !

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi,

I don't have the 160bhp 2.0 but here it gets decent mpg. The Insignia A pre facelift is getting on a bit so mainly the usual things to look out for on that age of car. Mostly normal wear and tear. The main one to get sorted though is the oil pickup seal. If that fails its bye bye to the engine so I'd make that the first job on your list. There's plenty of threads about it on here if you have a search.

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

They gotta be the worst car on the roads.

You can get 88mpg from the 160 version, but be careful of the smoke that comes from the engine...... especially when it's warm and you remove the cap off the rocker.

Don't put black wheels on it coz they look crap, and you'll end up living in Hull with a bald nun.
              I've seen lizzard-t's posts make more sense than that...

adlyons don't listen to him....He has bad eyesight so probably didn't read your post correctly.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

Welcome to the best place for everything Insignia

Comment

Welcome along matey...

Comment

Welcome along to another fellow Midlander, which part you from?

My dad used to have a pre-face 2011 2.0 CDTI 160, power was fantastic and it was great fun to drive, but at the time he always used to complain that he didnt find it very econical.

Ironically, i have the same engined Astra-J which is actually superb economically. I guess you just need to do a bit of due dilligence and find a good one thats been looked after.

Good luck with you search.

Comment

Welcome mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello,Welcome
                          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hello all and thanks for all your comments and welcomes. Not long now to get the insignia I’m looking at wit week to get it, I’ll keep you all posted on what I get. I’m definitely going for the 160bhp. Can’t wait to have a Vauxhall again!

Comment

Working...
                            X