Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new user 2018 Insignia 2.0 Diesel

Hello folks,
    My previous car was a 2008 Honda 2.2 CDTI EX. I used to follow Honda forums and enjoyed doing some simple maintenance on my vehicle by following the advice available on internet. Now I have just bought a 2018 Insignia sport version with 20 inch wheels and 2.0 D engine and after some google search about a relevant forum I have found and joined your forum. My Insignia's mileage is less than 50.000 miles and sadly there is no service history available. I would like to do my own maintenance such as changing filters, oils, pads and discs etc. I also have some fault codes popped up today. I have got P0133, P0135,P11DC from my basic OBD reader. I use carscanner.info software. I will start by checking the air filter, MAP sensor and then the Oxygen Sensor if I could locate it of course. I don't want to go the dealer yet. I will give it a try first. Also for the record the car hasn't done any motorway driving since I bought it. I have probably done 400 miles school runs and Tesco shopping. It might be just needing a good spin I don't remember using the 6th gear since I bought it LOL Anyhow, thanks for reading and please say hi if you read this. Luke

Hi Luke,

Any questions, just stick them in the most relevant section for the best advice. Lots of knowledgeable guys on here always ready to help.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18 five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8 colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome along bud...

Comment

Hi and welcome. 2018 car? might still be under warranty with VX if it the later end of 2018?? Also the Vauxhall dealers may have a service record on their system for your car, not all cars have a service book anymore? worth a try?

Comment

https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Welcome Luke to the best place for everything Insignia

Comment

Yoooooooooohoooooooooo albatross!

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hello,Welcome
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Robmetaxa View Post
                  Hi and welcome. 2018 car? might still be under warranty with VX if it the later end of 2018?? Also the Vauxhall dealers may have a service record on their system for your car, not all cars have a service book anymore? worth a try?
                  I agree with everything you say but VX dealer people never run out of lies. The car was on the road July 2018 the normal warranty period should continue until July 2021 that's my interpretation of course the mileage may also be a concern. I have been told that they have the service records in their system but they are unable share that with me because that would reveal the previous owners name & address. Complete nonsense, they probably bought the car from an auction. These people are professional liars, that is their day job. After the engine management light, I rang them to check if they could offer a diagnostic check under warranty which should also be a part of the 1 year guarantee package for any faults or defects. I paid for 1 year guarantee during the purchase of the car. Again, they say the diagnostic check could be free but they would charge 98 investigation fee. You can't win Can you?

Anyhow, last night I drove the car on M11, engine management light turned itself off. The car probably just needed a good spin. I have bought the thinkdiag yesterday it is better to check it myself in case that happens again. I don't think that there is any serious problems with the car.

All in all I really like the Insignia B 2.0 Diesel. it is very well engineered, very modern and stylish. I have got a good used one with no dents or straches. It is just the Vx dealers attitude that doesn't make buying a pleasant experience. Oh, plus, they pinched the spare wheel(nothing fancy, just a compact wheel in the boot) before the handover. I didn't check that boot area during the handover but It was in there when I first seen the car. I made a complaint about it and they said they will order one for me. I wouldn't be surprised if they say "What wheel? We never ordered that"

Comment

Yeh it's a bit of a lottery if you get a good dealer or not, Doves in Southampton seem to ok so far, but bought my car from the dealer in basingstoke, as soon as the money was paid and the car handed over, their attitude changed! my car still does only about 33mpg, it has been checked but no faults found, I know its a VX line with the 170 brake diesel engine ....... but surely should be doing more! I've still yet to get the 1st service stamp in my book, they would only stamp the 2nd service but assured me that the service record was up to date ! i've had the car about 7 months now, and apart from the MPG all is good, it pulls like a train especially with the 8 speed auto box I have.

Comment

Working...
                    X