No comms with Haldex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No comms with Haldex

Having a few issues with the car at the moment and it appears to be the Haldex unit throwing up random faults.

I'm getting Intermittent faults with the "service Stabilitrak" dash notification coming on now and then and the "service suspension" fault coming and going on a drive.
    I'm also getting a clunk from the rear (near side I think) almost like a diff lock or brake being applied.

Had it plugged in with a snap on system and there are no stored codes BUT he is getting a notification that there is no comms with the haldex unit.
    He has seen this before with Volvo and VW and mentioned it was the haldex control module on the rear diff that's been wet and is failing.
    Has mentioned they have a dummy module that will get me by for a few days while mine is sent off for repair 160.

Anyone know of anything similar or anything to check before sending the haldex unit off?

Hello nick Service Stabilitrak

and
    Service Suspension

is probably something to do with the flexiride suspension system
    normallty a broken wire or croded pins
    I think on the flexiride system the plug also has the wiring fir the ABS sensor.
    no communication with the haldex unit normally suggest either can high or low communication error .
    on the Saab forum I work on there's never been an absolute failure of the control module on the haldex unit .
    and on my turbo X
    so it's a new one on me .
    but every day is a school day.

10-4 keep on trucking!

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Good info there mate.

Will get her up in the air and check the loom, I'm hearing that the Off side is routed strangely so that's the one to investigate first.
      Might be that something has hit the loom and damaged the wiring so the can might also be affected.

Will keep you posted, hope it's a simple fix!

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post

no communication with the haldex unit normally suggest either can high or low communication error .
        on the Saab forum I work on there's never been an absolute failure of the control module on the haldex unit .
        I've had two Haldex issues on my 2015 Holden Insignia VXR. The first was a failed control module and the second was a failed pump - both replaced under warranty fortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by peterdw View Post

I've had two Haldex issues on my 2015 Holden Insignia VXR. The first was a failed control module and the second was a failed pump - both replaced under warranty fortunately.
          I had a pump fail on me last year, was a straightforward repair thankfully.
          I'm getting an occasional clunk from the rear at the moment that's intermittent and fear this may be the diff locking.
          Hopefully it's just the loom, but it's so random I'm not so sure.
          Will get it on a ramp soon and have a good poke about.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick J View Post

I had a pump fail on me last year, was a straightforward repair thankfully.
            I'm getting an occasional clunk from the rear at the moment that's intermittent and fear this may be the diff locking.
            Hopefully it's just the loom, but it's so random I'm not so sure.
            Will get it on a ramp soon and have a good poke about.
            This clunk your getting, is it all the time or only during acceleration? I had a clunk during acceleration but changing the oil to and filter and giving the pump a clean sorted it.

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman205 View Post
              This clunk your getting, is it all the time or only during acceleration? I had a clunk during acceleration but changing the oil to and filter and giving the pump a clean sorted it.

On mine, I've had the occasional clunk - always when accelerating hard to join traffic from a side road (ie. left hand corner). Had the filter and fluid changed a couple of days ago. Haven't heard a clunk since then, but need to drive it some more to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman205 View Post

It's nothing like a mechanical clunk more like an electronic engagement.
                It's very random too but always at light load and low speed.
                It's almost like the haldex unit engaging, so could be related to wheel speed sensor or abs sensor.

​​​

Comment

Ok so driving home earlier in torrential rain and a large volume of standing water and the dashboard was like a dam mobile disco.

I think you guys could be bang on the mark with a plug or loom fault.
                  After it had a complete melt down for 15 miles it then cleared its self and was fine for the rest of the journey.

Any images diagrams of the routing of the loom? Be nice to see some info so I can get straight too it.
                  I'm guessing there is a plug somwhere that houses the ABS, Suspension, haldex and possibly Can Bus.

Comment

Working...
                  X