Clunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clunk

Evening all.well car is all back together and done(kind of).started it up earlier and put it into reverse to test,and as i drove back i heard a double clunk,plus a rubber burning smell coming from under turbo heatshield.any ideas.

Originally posted by Vixerfixer View Post
    Evening all.well car is all back together and done(kind of).started it up earlier and put it into reverse to test,and as i drove back i heard a double clunk,plus a rubber burning smell coming from under turbo heatshield.any ideas.
    You seriously can expect anyone to diagnose a fault from an online description?

You need to get under it and look mate......you have the car.

Comment

Yeah i know what ya saying bud,im just a bit concerned about the expensive things,like the transfer case.

Comment

Let's put it this way .
        you should know that car intermatley ( non sexually )
        you took it apart and with great skill out it back .
        so at least you know what you touched , un-did and did-up .
        first and foremost-Don't panic !
        in the clear light of day it will probably come to you light a bolt of lightning.
        but keep us informed.

366-3567 fish fingers crossed !

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

When you dropped the propshaft did you undo one of the bearing supports?
          As for the burning smell, have you got a hose caught under the turbo as this sits above where the gearbox and engine meet?

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Omg, is that words of wisdom there Mr T

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman205 View Post
              When you dropped the propshaft did you undo one of the bearing supports?
              As for the burning smell, have you got a hose caught under the turbo as this sits above where the gearbox and engine meet?

Yeah i did undo the bearing support,but pretty sure i did that up.gonna be taking of the heatsheild again tomoz aswell,and going to have to go round each nut & boltthead

Comment

Originally posted by Vixerfixer View Post
                Yeah i did undo the bearing support,but pretty sure i did that up.gonna be taking of the heatsheild again tomoz aswell,and going to have to go round each nut & boltthead
                Hopefully it's just a loose bolt, so many to undo to do that job it's easy to forget one or two. Nice one on getting it back together, no easy task I can assure you

Comment

Yeah its a job i wouldent like tackle again tbh

Comment

Can't guess what the clunk could be, you're going to have to check and double check. Could the burning smell just be oily bits heating up? There's always some oily handprints on exhaust manifolds downpipes etc when you have put things back together, or do you think it's more than that?

Comment

Well its on stands now,and when i grab the wheel and rotate it back and forth fast and sharp,i can hear the clunk,which i think is from passenger side,but then again i can hear it when i put my ear by trans case.can these knock,and why would it knock now,it was ok before.

Comment

Have the drive shafts engaged correctly with the gearbox/transfer box?

Comment

Sorted now.it was the flange bolts on the trans case needed just that bit more,which were already tight,just scared to take them any tighter as they are only quite thin,but cheers folks.

Comment

I love happy endings .!

355-3667 mills and boon !

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yeah me too,just not often enough with cars

Comment

Working...
                              X