VXR A28NET Drive/Serpentine Belt Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR A28NET Drive/Serpentine Belt Change

Car is a 2015 Holden Insignia VXR which is due the drive belt change. Anybody done this, or can point me to a how-to? I've seen a couple of SAAB youtube clips for the 2.8L motor. My main question is whether the Insignia requires the engine mount to be removed, which the SAAB guys do? No problem if so, just need to be prepared to support the engine.

Yoooooooooohoooooooooo Peter
    yes unfortunately the engine mount has to be removed, having owned a 9-3 turbo X .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Lizzard-t - need to buy me another jack (given the Insignia came with goo, rather than a spare wheel, jack and brace).

Comment

Got around to replacing the drive belt today. These are the steps I took:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	241.5 KB ID:	310600
        Air pipe:
        Loosen jubilee clips with 7mm socket – 1 & 2.

Remove the T25 screw (3) holding the air pipe to the front of the vehicle.
        I tried separating the air pipe in the middle (near the dip stick), but it was reluctant to part company, so I took the whole pipe out.
        Disconnect the small tubes – 4 & 5.
        Lift the air pipe out of the vehicle.

Air filter box:
        Disconnect the electrical connector (6) – pull the yellow retainer to the back of the plug and then press on the black lug to release the plug.
        Lift the cable retainer (7) out of the slot on the side.
        Release the tube clip (8) at the back.
        Disconnect the small pipe from the front (9) – squeeze the two knurled sections to release the retaining clips.
        Remove oil filler cap (10).
        Remove plastic engine cover (11).
        Replace oil filler cap (10).
        Lift the rubber mount at the back of the air filter box out of the fixing point.
        Lift the back of the air filter box up and lift the front rubber mount out of its fixing point and remove the box from the vehicle.

Support the underneath right side of the engine with a jack. I didn’t remove the front right wheel or wheel arch liner.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	253.4 KB ID:	310601

Undo the six 15mm engine mount bolts.
        Once loose, the rubber in the mount lifts the engine side of the mount and you can’t get the two rear bolts out as they hit the water pipe above. I needed to lift the motor a little with the jack to gain enough clearance.

Remove the engine mount from the vehicle – need to move it towards the front a bit before angling it out of the gap.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	182.8 KB ID:	310602
        Undo the three 18mm bolts holding the engine bracket and remove the bracket from the vehicle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.8 KB ID:	310603
        The belt tensioner assembly has a ” square hole at the bottom into which you can fit any ” bar or socket lever.
        Lift the bar up to loosen the belt and slip it off the alternator pulley at the front.

I’d recommend drawing the path of the belt on a piece of paper before removing it. Once off, and with the new belt wanting to stay in the shape it has been stored in its packaging, it doesn’t seem so obvious where it needs to go!
        Check that the belt is properly seated in the grooves of each pulley.

Assembly is the reverse of the above.

Comment

Working...
        X