Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia VXR new headlight units need programming ? error !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia VXR new headlight units need programming ? error !!

Wondering if anyone can help. I have just had 2 brand new hella light units fitted at over £400 each due to condensation in the other 2 . but I'm getting "AFL" and "headlight level sensor error" iv been told they need programming to car. Is this the case or could there be another problem lurking? Any help would be great.

Best to do a diagnostic to find out what codes are thrown up. I don't think they would need programming, but I'm probably wrong.

Comment

Told you last time,they don't need programming
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Doesn't the VXR have xenon lights? You won't get a pair of these brand new for £400
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          Told you last time,they don't need programming
          Click image for larger version

Name:	you-know-what-really-grinds-my-gears-when-people-dont-*******-listen.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	315949

Comment

Hi there sorry for not being on all week its been a busy one. Yeah you are right they are xenon, Bi-xenon I got one for £480 and the other for £495 not including the ballast for them from amazon. I wish I could have got the pair for £400. Just need to find someone around Leeds that has a Tech2 or a really decent tool that can do the job. The garage that fitted them had a snap-on diagnostic but it couldn't; do the trick Still have dreaded code on the dash. Thank you all for replying to me.

Comment

In my little pony birds nest of a brain.
              If you are being told by senior well trusted and reliable respected members that they don't require coding
              And you have 2 faults to do with the headlights
              Then even though I'm not a betting man my money would be on a fault with the AFL system , which Bobby Dazzler says would require the codes being read .
              My question is did it have thease codes with the old units ?
              And did the garage mis diagnose the problem?
              If I was a betting man my money would be on red rum winning the next Eurovision song contest !

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by columbiantony View Post
                Wondering if anyone can help. I have just had 2 brand new hella light units fitted at over £400 each due to condensation in the other 2 . but I'm getting "AFL" and "headlight level sensor error" iv been told they need programming to car. Is this the case or could there be another problem lurking? Any help would be great.
                Would assume they are non genuine for that price then,and probably why you have fault codes,like the cheap £25 ballast packs,which leave you with a fault on your dash aswell.

Comment

Hella is an OEM brand,,it's probs the AFL control unit that's on the blink

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yeah, they are both Hella units with Hella ballast not the cheapies off Ebay.

Comment

Have you seen how many ballast packs are on ebay thiugh,all branded as hella,but they aint,just cheap chinese crap.i believe a new xenon light is £900 from vx.

Comment

Do your headlights work even with the errors.?
                        and as asked before did you have these errors with the old units ?

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                        X