Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo feels sluggish and slow periodicly only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo feels sluggish and slow periodicly only?

Guess is time I take a look at this, I just want to start out with atm I don't even own a error reader anyone can advice me something I'm all ears.
    I used to use Torque Pro read outs my old E55AMGW211 intake air ect.

Now to my issue sometimes it feels like the turbo is not really kicking in, only have 140.000 km on the car isn't that to early for a failing turbo?
    There are no smoke of any kind, no weird flutter sounds or anything that could sound like a leak.

Other times it goes all crazy and surprise me with power and then other times is like is not kicking in.
    when looking at the performance dash it never really reach 100% but am not sure if it should ?

Must remind I come from a V8 5.5 L Supercharged with 678 HK 877 NM but it gets colder here now and it feels like the weather is affecting it or is just me?

Any sugestions im all ears what am i looking for or am I just stupid?

I might add the times it happens i activated the OPC Button and there it is but still not as much as it used to.
    I can drive it again later and and now is ok seems very random. I'm sure power should be there at all times right.
    Mechanical or electrical beats me

Thanks guys

Firstly, get the codes read bud, I use torque Pro and will work on the insignia. That would be my first point of call..

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
      Firstly, get the codes read bud, I use torque Pro and will work on the insignia. That would be my first point of call..
      Wich OBD2 adapter u suggest bud?
      I now also got Enginen Check light so something is different acting up, and well just noticed small leak from the small cooling hose that runs from the coolant tank to the engine, that hose I replaced like 3 months ago but I think is just the clamp not clamping properly fixing that as we speak.

Will check the intercooler level as well rest looks fine. Oh yea just replaced air filter in the weekend was very gentle opening without yanking anything.

Comment

Got the code P0018 camshaft position sensors u believe we have 2 in this car.
        Well coundt wait for my obd2 to be shipped bought a scanner and cleared the code.

Now the car is like new Jesus christ a transformation.
        so far it has not come back but guess is to early to say.

Crankshaft Position- Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 2, Sensor A).” It is set when the camshaft(s) on bank 2 of the engine is not in its proper position in relation to the crankshaft
        I heard the error is related to stretched chains??? Huuh Last time I seen thus was a CLK320 with 299.000 km no error codes thought I like to have a look swap them over and see what happens.

Can anyone point me where are they located ?

Thanks

Comment

So the code p0018 came backthead
          hope anyone can show me where it sits?

Comment

Detailed information on troubleshooting and repairing a P0018 DTC code regarding crankshaft camshaft position correlation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
              Thanks bud,
              now I just need to find out where the cam and crank sensors are located, I used to work with the service repair manual for my E55 called WIS/ASRA aswome software do we have anything related, or can u show/tell me where they located I really hope is not serious but wirh my luck hahaa

Comment

I wonder if this includes ours https://www.emanualonline.com/cars/v...mo-204379.html

Any experience with this or Haynes?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1314.png
Views:	254
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	336449
                  hopefully you can see this
                  1 is cam position sensor
                  5 is crank position sensor

i use saab Wis , as that's what I used from years of having 9-3 including a turbo x .
                  same engine as the VXR .
                  just be aware that if you have a code for either the crank or cam sensors then this may sound weird but the opposite sensor can throw the other ones code .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1314.png Views:	10 Size:	95.0 KB ID:	336449
                    hopefully you can see this
                    1 is cam position sensor
                    5 is crank position sensor

i use saab Wis , as that's what I used from years of having 9-3 including a turbo x .
                    same engine as the VXR .
                    just be aware that if you have a code for either the crank or cam sensors then this may sound weird but the opposite sensor can throw the other ones code .
                    Thanks bro, is really hard to see, appriciate the effort trust me
                    is hard to see yes, cant really see anything

Comment

Is this what u are using bud?
                      I am sure it will ask for VIN NO right

Comment

Yes that's what I used ,if I can remember the vin on my turbo x then if you require it I'll give it to you .
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1314.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	336479

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                          Yes that's what I used ,if I can remember the vin on my turbo x then if you require it I'll give it to you .
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.7 KB ID:	336479
                          Brother you are the best, this is so great, worst for me was seeing the where the crank position sensor is.
                          This is clear as daylight, awesome bud.

Just downloaded the SAAB will get back if VIN is needed, thank you again all this time you spent for us not sure how I can repay you,
                          Anything I can do in return let me know.

1 Final quistion does the crank position sensor replacement oil need be drained of the car first? Just found them both so cheap can barely keep my fingers of just buying them

Comment

Just buy them, you know you want too ... told you this forum would know more than any manual

Comment

We all do this to help each other, we have probably been in the same situations, and have found a way to fix it .
                              and as some of us are older than dinosaurs, we fixed it without the Internet or forums. So we did it the hard way ,!
                              we don't ask anything in return, just politeness ( just like you ! ) a thank you now and again is worth more than anything!
                              just buy the sensors and you don't need to drain the oil .
                              The crank sensor is a Jack@ss to reach .I've still got the scars !

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X