Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo feels sluggish and slow periodicly only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
    We all do this to help each other, we have probably been in the same situations, and have found a way to fix it .
    and as some of us are older than dinosaurs, we fixed it without the Internet or forums. So we did it the hard way ,!
    we don't ask anything in return, just politeness ( just like you ! ) a thank you now and again is worth more than anything!
    just buy the sensors and you don't need to drain the oil .
    The crank sensor is a Jack@ss to reach .I've still got the scars !
    Hahaha I just saw both replied lying in my bed here.
    First of, you where more than right about this forum and is still turning I'm my head each time you or another person replies here in a positive way

Sensors bought and the crank sensor oh my god, happy I have some weird frk tools I hope will help me reach it but u know what, I take the scars no problemo, will wear them with pride

Now have a super super great sunday, and remember is nice it is soon monday again, Yahoooo

Comment

Originally posted by MartinOPC View Post

Hahaha I just saw both replied lying in my bed here.

Ur ye chugging?

Comment

Bro how did u go around replacing the crank sensor.

Do I need remove anything. Man it is in bad spot .

I also got curious why did u replace urs was is same issue just the code?

Comment

Hi guys, so spent aprox 4 hours yesterday trying to find both sensors can't find them. Even the cam position sensor that it supposed to sit on top left I can see any sensor there.

and the crank position sensor my god had the turbo heat shield of is not so bad but seeing anything under there nothing have both checked with endoscope and mirror with led light and flashing there isn't any wire going up there what so ever what am I missing

If any one has real picture or reference to one I appreciate ir else I just have to bite the bad apple taking it to the stealer.

thanks guys appreciate everything so far perhaps because mine is the Opel could it be.

Anyone know the colour of the plugs I couldn't even find any sensors with only 3 wires but i know there are there for sure

Comment

So had another go this weekend and yes no way the Cam sensor can be replaced without dismantle cooling can't even get the bolt out is to long and get free of the pipe to the left and also found they sent me wrong sensor doesn't look like this

So tight wow but the sensor is kind of loose dismantle checkd all the wiring it seems we have 4 sensors on the tops 2 on each head anyone replace this in the bank 2?
            is correct right this is the cam position sensor the one unplugged it is kund of loose I unsrweved it cleaned all the worring connectors and turbo inlet pipe everything seems OK so far no errors but just wait will come back I only started it 2 times and drove around inside the garage a bit will have rhe engine oil replaced Thursday is due time anyway
            Wish ny engine block was not so bad got a big cleaning to do my 2004 Amg looks 100% better much easier to work on being said had ir for 7 years still learning our cars the misplaced v6 I can't get used to it please can we turn it around like this

Attached Files

Comment

The one unplugged looks like a knock sensor.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

The one unplugged looks like a knock sensor.

Oh my Just can't find the Cam shaft sensor here is a better view where is it .

And here the Cam sensor I bought
                Cam sensor:
                BOSCH 0 232 103 079

Crank sensor:
                BOSCH 0 261 210 395https://m.autodoc.se/bosch/12790454

did I order wrong sensors ? What u guys think looks correct right is why I have trouble finding them since I am looking for this i bought well knowing can be look slightly different today but when I can't find ir I also can't say for sure is hell of a compact Enginen

Think concentrate first finding the Cam sensor before u want waste more time trying to fund the Crank sensor wich I try from below instead on the hoist I want both replaced

Attached Files

Comment

Ignore my previous post .I do apologize.
                  Now with the new photos I can now see the relationship of where it is .
                  Just carry on . And fit it .
                  And if I interrupt anymore then tell me to Jog on !

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Ignore my previous post .I do apologize.
                    Now with the new photos I can now see the relationship of where it is .
                    Just carry on . And fit it .
                    And if I interrupt anymore then tell me to Jog on !

Bud you never ever interrupt, no one does and I want everyone who has any insight or any knowledge even comments of any sort to post it

So just to clarify do you believe that is the Cam sensor the one I disconnected, is that correct understood?

And thanks again, it is input like yours making us reach our goal

Comment

Yes that's the cam sensor. Martin .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yes that's the cam sensor. Martin .
                        Thanks bro, then I understand I bought wrong cam sensor and I cant see the part number on it oh well can get my money back is no problem but now I know for sure it was wrong one I bought.
                        also I dont think I can make it to unscrew the bolt before it hits the pibe in the left side can you see the pibe is so so tight space there poerhabs that is why WIS advice the steep by steep above I posted previously ooh man I hope not

But so far so good this is great news one small victory, one more steep towards FREEDOM (I really miss the power is like driving it without the turbo what so ever )
                        it drives me nuts.

But huge huge thanks bro

Comment

Hey guys.

Anyone Can help me with the

Cam sensor - OEM - Number
                          Crankshaft Sensor- OEM number

Really strange so after fiddleing on the car Saturday and no errors after disconnection battery while working on it I take is what cleared the code drove to work 22 Km but still the same sluggish crap, can hit like 4000rmp that's it so boring.

On my way home same went and wished it quick rinse drove home and halfway home just after a sharp turn all if sudden all he'll brakes loose and all power restored, turbo runs like it should and no issues.

What the hell intermittent can this really happen from P0018 ?

Oh yea one thing I noticed since I bought it when I turn the engine of is kind if rattles.
                          But not if i press and hold the clutch no rattles I hope this is not related to the issue huuh will see tomorrow guys.

Still if anyone can help with the part numbers or sent me link where I can check ir myselfe.

Comment

Part numbers
                            cam shaft position sensor
                            12608424 = Saab ,Buick ,cadillac chevolet, GMC.,opel pontiac ,saturn ,Scania ,vauxhall
                            or 04807950, opel
                            04810352 opel
                            04807950 opel
                            crankshaft position sensor
                            12613030 = Buick ,cadillac chevolet opel saab .vauxhall
                            12590991 chevolet, gm saab
                            12615626 opel
                            12615626 opel
                            12590991 opel
                            012613030 opel
                            4803503 opel
                            4811021 opel

You say about a kind of rattle when switching off , just keep an eyes on that ,
                            It doesn't rattle when starting from cold dose it ?

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Part numbers
                              cam shaft position sensor
                              12608424 = Saab ,Buick ,cadillac chevolet, GMC.,opel pontiac ,saturn ,Scania ,vauxhall
                              or 04807950, opel
                              04810352 opel
                              04807950 opel
                              crankshaft position sensor
                              12613030 = Buick ,cadillac chevolet opel saab .vauxhall
                              12590991 chevolet, gm saab
                              12615626 opel
                              12615626 opel
                              12590991 opel
                              012613030 opel
                              4803503 opel
                              4811021 opel

You say about a kind of rattle when switching off , just keep an eyes on that ,
                              It doesn't rattle when starting from cold dose it ?
                              Thanks bro. Appreciate it a lot.

About the rattle, no nothing at all when starting it, cold or warm, only and only when shutting it off.
                              Sure thing will diffently will keep my eye on it,
                              I think been like this since I bought it back in May 22.

And it is stil driving perfeclty now I dont get it but let is not celebrate to soon

Comment

Just a little update thead
                                So I had a diagnostic booksd at Opel but as mentioned the problem miraculously disappeared not trouble since (130km driven) still working like never before this is so freaking weird.

Anyway stealer diagnose:
                                No errors found, test drove car and testet customer explained error code P0018
                                Replacing Camshaft Chains.

That without confirming the error is present and no other diagnostic what the hell I'm all out words drove from them and was just smiling so far I believe I am allowed to smile and just enjoy it right.

Anyone else thinkibf the same as me? thead

Also that the car suddenly removed the error codes the only thing I did was swapping back the hoses on the expansion tank to their correct positions and even had to drive like around 25 km and out of the blue is back all normal.
                                Even dare to say drives better than ever .
                                Still not convience it will stay like this. Maybe I get surprised surely hope so

Comment

Working...
                                X