Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Sports Tourer SRi VXline

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    I'd allways clay bar before waxing, making sure all the contamination in the paint work is out as much as possible. Polishing over contamination could make it worse.... but that's just me I'm abit geeky with detailing [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
      I'd allways clay bar before waxing, making sure all the contamination in the paint work is out as much as possible. Polishing over contamination could make it worse.... but that's just me I'm abit geeky with detailing [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
      So clay bar, then wax, then ceramic coating, is that the order? Also what do you spay on to lubricate as you clay bar, is it just water or anything special? I think that's why I never got away with the clay bar as it didn't seem easy enough!

      Comment


      • #78
        The way I do it is..

        1. Snow foam the car losen up any dirt on the paint work.
        2. Wash the car (if you wanna go serious use the 2 bucket method.
        3. Dry with a micro fibre towel.
        4. De tar your car with any tar remover simply spray on and wipe off.
        5. Snow foam and rinse the car a second time to get rid of the tar remover on the paint work.
        6. Spray iron fallout on the car you'll see the fallout turn purple on the paintwork whilst dwelling, once it was dwelled for about 5 mins pressure wash it of.
        7. Clay bar your car, make sure you proper lubricate the paint and the clay bar. Once you see it turning black turn it over to a clean side and continue. Purchase a clay bar lubricant!!
        8. Depending on how the paint work looks depends on the compound you need, just start off with a medium compound that's should get most swirls out!!
        9. Once the vehicle is all done apply a ceramic coating

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Drew View Post
          Wish I could drive it, thinking where I will go when this is all over, I'm thinking a long long drive!
          Brands hatch

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
            Brands hatch
            Been to Brands Hatch last week,Click image for larger version

Name:	20200410_125730~2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	246729

            Was thinking Alps or somewhere new..

            Click image for larger version

Name:	20200410_125730~5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	246730

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
              The way I do it is..

              1. Snow foam the car losen up any dirt on the paint work.
              2. Wash the car (if you wanna go serious use the 2 bucket method.
              3. Dry with a micro fibre towel.
              4. De tar your car with any tar remover simply spray on and wipe off.
              5. Snow foam and rinse the car a second time to get rid of the tar remover on the paint work.
              6. Spray iron fallout on the car you'll see the fallout turn purple on the paintwork whilst dwelling, once it was dwelled for about 5 mins pressure wash it of.
              7. Clay bar your car, make sure you proper lubricate the paint and the clay bar. Once you see it turning black turn it over to a clean side and continue. Purchase a clay bar lubricant!!
              8. Depending on how the paint work looks depends on the compound you need, just start off with a medium compound that's should get most swirls out!!
              9. Once the vehicle is all done apply a ceramic coating
              Christ,... I'm tired just thinking about all that!!

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                Christ,... I'm tired just thinking about all that!!
                Be ok if you're after losing a few lbs
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                  Be ok if you're after losing a few lbs
                  I know when you're up close you can really see all this work. I love a clean car but I only like the bit where I shine u the tyres these days (the end) - the rest is just a chore. I just use a rinse down of the car, bucket has a grit guard, microfibre wash sponge, microfible towel dry - Car Plan glossy water spray (waxes the car in 5 minutes flat, water and paper towels to clean the glass (nothing better), tyre shine and a spurt of silicone tyre shine into the wheel arches to blacken them. Hour and ten mins and she's done.

                  Used to enjoy this when I was younger, but really would rather be doing something else these days, I know some enjoy it though

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Ok, Rab has got me thinking about my wheels. They are starting to corrode under the lacquer and I'm assuming they must have had a refurb when I bought it. I don't want to do another diamond cut finish as no one seems to guarantee them more than 12 months. So I have seen these but need to know what the finish is, is this what people refer to as shadow chrome?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	180400a88612489087150b70672f240e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	247201Click image for larger version

Name:	4b28f8988cb042ada74e65dc818c8d4b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	247202Click image for larger version

Name:	fbce5935d831401c88bf2ec93e347a19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	247203

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Drew View Post
                      Ok, Rab has got me thinking about my wheels. They are starting to corrode under the lacquer and I'm assuming they must have had a refurb when I bought it. I don't want to do another diamond cut finish as no one seems to guarantee them more than 12 months. So I have seen these but need to know what the finish is, is this what people refer to as shadow chrome?
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]5925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5927[/ATTACH]
                      These might be two tone

                      The diamond cut worm is a pure b4574rd mate.....hate it.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        I'm guessing refurbed with a proper primer then paint should make them last a lot longer?

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Drew View Post
                          I'm guessing refurbed with a proper primer then paint should make them last a lot longer?
                          You can get the places to powder coat in 2 colours

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Thanks, I'm going to do some research, but I like the look.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Definitely..looks the part and won't suffer from the dreaded worm

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Thought it was time for a clean and polish! Starting with a vacuum.
                                Before...Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_102031.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	267184
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_101942.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	267185
                                Getting into all the difficult places!Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_103637.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	267186
                                Then the interior plastics..Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_105426.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	267187
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_110805.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	267188
                                The seats...
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_112935.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	267189
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_114055.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	267190
                                Then the outside...Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_120706.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	267191
                                then polish....Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_155852.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	267192
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_163815.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	267193
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_163717.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	267195
                                Phew, just the wheels to do, then inside the doors, then ceramic wax! But now it's time to sit down!
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X