• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew
    replied
    Originally posted by RBH View Post
    Nice one Drew.

That man certainly knows his stuff
    Definitely worth the trip. Lovely guy, VERY reasonable price. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Obviously without being part of this outrageously wonderful forum I would never have heard of him. So thanks to you lot I'm happy!

Leave a comment:

• johnybarcelona
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew View Post
    Not intending too many mods. Found it a bit noisier on some surfaces hence so far changed tyres for lower db rated Fulda sport control 2 in 255 section for better rim protection so I dont wince if I hit a pothole. Also fit some sound deadening mat in boot.
    Wondering about re mapping?
    Wondered what it would look like chrome![ATTACH=CONFIG]3120[/ATTACH]
    i really love that picture its owesome look so badass and has the xpensive looks!!

Leave a comment:

• johnybarcelona
    replied
    wow that car looks wonderful, i really love it, please somebody send him the trophy...

Leave a comment:

• Lizard
    replied
    Peace of mind is always worth the bill presented to you eh

Leave a comment:

• RBH
    replied
    Nice one Drew.

That man certainly knows his stuff

Leave a comment:

• Drew
    replied
    Cam chain done, oil and filter changed, coolant replaced, all done in just a few hours (would have taken me ages). I just need to check and top up coolant tomorrow morning when it's cold. Great job done by Frank at MB Motors, he said it wasn't too badly worn. I can certainly notice the difference though, smoother and quieter. My wife who had been saying for a while that it was noisy says it's like new so I'll have that!

Leave a comment:

• Drew
    replied
    Early start to get here today,

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231111_092854.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	356870
    Decided having done the cambelt myself I would have the chain done as well. I have seen so many examples of slack chains on line and I convinced myself it was making a noise! The car is almost 6yrs old and on 65k miles probably about half way through its life with me so a good time to do it.
    Didn't trust myself to tackle the chain so Frank at MB Motors is doing it for me. Time to kill a few hours in Keighley.

Leave a comment:

• Drew
    replied
    They all ran away when I turned up...dunno why

Leave a comment:

• Howy
    replied
    Baa!,run for it,it's Drew in the Insignia B!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MattG
    replied
    Originally posted by Howy View Post
    Any there??
    Why do you think he has a tourer!
    Caravan is for the video production!

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Howy
    replied
    Any there??

Leave a comment:

• Drew
    replied
    Took a couple of pics yesterday on an afternoon jaunt around the Yorkshire/Durham dales.

Name:	20230716_150908~2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	348657

Name:	20230716_150812.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	348658

Leave a comment:

• Drew
    replied
    Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
    So all in all it isn't as bad as its made out to be.
    Good job there Drew .

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Cheers Paul, I don't think it was too difficult, there are no fluids to deal with like some jobs where the water pump is involved. A couple of the idlers are on a T50 torx the rest just regular sockets. Nothing was torqued to super human strength all came apart with a regular socket set. I watched the YouTube video I posted a few times and just followed it.
    I haven't touched the chain end, it looks like there is a lot more to that and most videos show a special tool to lock the cams in sync while you replace the chain wheels and chain. If the chain needs doing I'll be paying someone else!

Leave a comment:

• lizzard-t
    replied
    So all in all it isn't as bad as its made out to be.
    Good job there Drew .

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Drew
    replied
    Well a week later all seems good, I found when I did the belt change that there is a small part of the cover that can be removed to allow you to check the belt for tightness and you can also observe it running to check it's smoothness. The cover is just behind the engine mount and comes off with 4x 10mm captive bolts.

Name:	20230702_170908.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	347716

Name:	20230702_170422.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	347717

Leave a comment:

Working...