Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2010 Insignia SRI

Hello people.

Finally got around to giving my car it’s first wash today (weather has been shite everywhere the last few weeks, storm after storm)
    I’ve been dying to get my hands on it to identify any imperfections in the paint work etc and just get an idea of what I need to do to put the small things right.....

After washing I have to say I’m pleased with how it looks, it was just a quick going over today but a good day spent doing tar removal and tidying up a few minor scratches and a few nibs of the touch up pen on stone chips followed by a good old fashioned polish up should do the trick.

A few bits I would like done going forward,
    Alloy wheels could do with a refurb, back left one is the worst, the old paint seems to be flaking off so I’m not going near it with a pressure washer!
    Windows tinted.
    Maybe lower the suspension by around 30mm.
    A few wheel nut covers are missing so would like to get a new set, any ideas on size lads??

Not too much mods but enough to do me for the time being!

Overall for a 10 year old car I’m more then happy with the condition and the last chap had the dreaded oil seal and timing belt/w pump done about 6 months ago so hopefully, fingers crossed she should see me good for a few years.

I’ll add pictures as and when I get some good ones. And I will definetly be asking for advise and tips in the future. Hope I don’t annoy the shite out of you all though!!! [emoji23] [emoji38].

Have a good Sunday [emoji1303][emoji1305]

sea looks nice,and welcoming

cant beat a clean motor
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

that's a lovely unmolested car mate...………...pictures worthy of POTM

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        that's a lovely unmolested car mate...………...pictures worthy of POTM
        Unmolested..... haha, I’m going to try and keep it like that as much as possible apart from a few things. Not into heavily modifying it, just a few subtle things.

Comment

A few more from a spin out earlier....[emoji51]

Comment

Some nice pics there, Brian. Beautiful coastline too.
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
              Some nice pics there, Brian. Beautiful coastline too.
              Thanks Pete. Give it 2/3 days, the sides will be coated in cow shite again [emoji38][emoji849]

Comment

Originally posted by Brian147 View Post
                Hello people.

Finally got around to giving my car it’s first wash today (weather has been shite everywhere the last few weeks, storm after storm)
                I’ve been dying to get my hands on it to identify any imperfections in the paint work etc and just get an idea of what I need to do to put the small things right.....

After washing I have to say I’m pleased with how it looks, it was just a quick going over today but a good day spent doing tar removal and tidying up a few minor scratches and a few nibs of the touch up pen on stone chips followed by a good old fashioned polish up should do the trick.

A few bits I would like done going forward,
                Alloy wheels could do with a refurb, back left one is the worst, the old paint seems to be flaking off so I’m not going near it with a pressure washer!
                Windows tinted.
                Maybe lower the suspension by around 30mm.
                A few wheel nut covers are missing so would like to get a new set, any ideas on size lads??

Not too much mods but enough to do me for the time being!

Overall for a 10 year old car I’m more then happy with the condition and the last chap had the dreaded oil seal and timing belt/w pump done about 6 months ago so hopefully, fingers crossed she should see me good for a few years.

I’ll add pictures as and when I get some good ones. And I will definetly be asking for advise and tips in the future. Hope I don’t annoy the shite out of you all though!!! [emoji23] [emoji38].

Have a good Sunday [emoji1303][emoji1305]
                Looks great and some lovely scenery. We're quite a thick skinned bunch, we don't get annoyed easily I hope you didn't try launching a boat with it though!

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                  Looks great and some lovely scenery. We're quite a thick skinned bunch, we don't get annoyed easily I hope you didn't try launching a boat with it though!
                  Haha, I didn’t but the fella I work with is on at me to put a tow bar on it!!! “Every car in Ireland should have a tow bar standard!!” errmm no thanks!!!
                  I shall be asking for knowledge I am sure about that, good job your all thick skinned hey. [emoji38]

Comment

I think the wheel nut cover thingys are 22s

Well mine are anyway, my wheel guy thought they were 19s but he tried a few things and said they were 22s

I have no idea what I'm talking about I'm just repeating my wheel fixer guy [emoji106]

Comment

Nice motor,good job done,
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

yeah the wheel nuts are 22mm
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                          yeah the wheel nuts are 22mm
                          Go me!! Feeling so proud of my self now [emoji23]
                          Last edited by RunPT; 01-03-2020, 10:34 PM. Reason: Coz stupid acrylic nails.... Means I can't type

Comment

Thanks fellas. Even the locking nut is 22mm? Sometimes there a different size aren’t they?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian147 View Post
                              Thanks fellas. Even the locking nut is 22mm? Sometimes there a different size aren’t they?
                              No idea, I just know my wheel guy used a 22 to get my wheel off and told me to buy 22s for when my wheels get done

Comment

Working...
                              X