Ambient lighting finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambient lighting finished

This is my first proper oost other than aski g for help.

Finished my ambient lighting mod. Ive also created a new ambient downlight that lights the cup holder are of the centreconsole. It looks superb in the dark. Lights can be controlled by bluetooth too. Also replaced inside bulbs with white led lights.
    XospheriX
    My New Album Colours - https://linktr.ee/xospherix

Oh my, wow, that looks really good. Liking it a lot.

Comment

Yeah, like that. It's looks very Mercedes.
      2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
        Yeah, like that. It's looks very Mercedes.
        Cheers thats what i was going for. Managed to screw up the dash panels in the process. Broke a tab and decided to use super glue. Didnt realise but the vapour from the glue attacked the whole of the wood effect. Will never use that again.
        XospheriX

Comment

that looks mint where did you get the lights from ? do you have a link ?

Comment

Yeah.
            Got them from ebay. The good thing about them is that they talk to each other by bluetooth. You put a master box in with a live feed. I piggy backed mine off the ciggy lighter fuse. Then all the other boxes just have a power source. The ones on the dash left hand side i connected to that same circuit. The one going up the drivers side of the dash i connected to back of cig sockect. The ones in the door i just pulled power from the existing ambient circuit. If youve got the pocket downlighters then use that. The one in the roof i took the hands free kit mic housing. Drilled a small hole from good side and stuck led housing pointing down and connected to the back of the courtesy light. The black wire is ground and the yellow is ambient light. Also had to drill 3 holes. One from the inside of each of the entry ponts where the fiber comes in and 2 under glove box.

I also used some black heat shrink to cover bits of light i didnt want seen and some 3m sticky pads tl mount controller boxes.

I was thinking 50 quid was a bit steep for the lights but they work so well and you can change to any colour. Although blue/purple goes well with the red buttons.
            Ill get some proper night shots

XospheriX

Comment

Here is the link

1x LED Third Stop Brake Light Lamp Fit For Honda CR-V CRV 2012-2016 HI-Q UK an01. Red 5 Speed Universal Manual Car Gear Shift Knob Lever Stick Shifter Handle an01. Magic Auto Scratch Eraser Remover Polish Cloth Light Paint Scuffs Repair an01.
              XospheriX

Comment

i think it looks great need to sort my inside lighting out tbh go LED maybe steal your great idea and the badge LED door projectors

Comment

Mr XophericX sir you should be proud of what you have a achieved
                  what I love is the idividualisum you have had an idear and done it and the end result is there in all its glory .
                  i think the money side pales into suffnificants when it looks as good as that .

10-4 rubber snake !

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Very nice,Blue would look well in my Elite!A tidy job that
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

That's very good and looks like it's original. Well done.

Comment

Very nice.
                        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Nicely done, live the strip lights on the edge of the trim in my B. Looks factory, well done

Comment

Kit arrived today , ill have to give it a go Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200813_211116.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	264227

Comment

Is your kit the same as the op's or is it just a single colour?
                              Let us know how you get on,looks interesting mod.
                              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                              X