My 09 2.0T 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gawd lizard, I thaught they had agreed on the costs ,
    or is it one where they have to strip it down and acess the fault ?

10-57 wheel drive !

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

They insisted it be stripped down and when the dealer said they would only replace it, the warranty company wanted it to go to Bedford, sod that I said. Told the dealership, I bought it from you, so you sort it. They did agree its f**cked and will be repaired, hopefully, they send it to Thorneys or just replace it.

Yes it is permanently locked in 4wd for some reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
        They insisted it be stripped down and when the dealer said they would only replace it, the warranty company wanted it to go to Bedford, sod that I said. Told the dealership, I bought it from you, so you sort it. They did agree its f**cked and will be repaired, hopefully, they send it to Thorneys or just replace it.

I’m probably going to sound stupid haha but how did you know it was stuck in 4wd permanently?

I have not had my car long so thought it would be worth an ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was up on a ramp Jamie with everything turned off and in neutral, and spun the back wheel by hand and the fronts turned too...

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post

I believe these haldex units work via a wet clutch system. The pump engages the clutches together via the hydraulic fluid. It's possible these have become stuck together and won't disengage hence the permanent 4wd.
            The diff will always turn as well as the propshaft. It's the haldex units job to engage and disengage these two

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Comment

So she's lowered all round now and sits much better at the back with the right springs . I've left the vxr brakes for now and will probably attempt them next weekend

Attached Files

Comment

Thats better , I was only joking when I said maybe they'd been put on wrong haha, how does the front sit bud, more pictures please haha

Comment

I know you was but it made me double check, good thing too. I'm taking it to work tomorrow and going to fit the spacers and give it a clean. Il take some more pics then. Front is sitting roughly the same as the rear, gives it a nice stance

Comment

Looking forward to seeing that now bud...

Comment

As promised, photo of front and one of side to show spacers. Got the vxr brakes fitted too

Attached Files

Comment

Gawd MR iceman Sir you don't hang around do you ?
                        thats looking fantastic.

20-5777 good job!

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Your right Mr T, thats sitting very pretty, will be doing that to mine for sure at some point soon... Cheers Iceman...

Comment

I'm glad I went with the spacers as not only do they make the car look better, the vxr calipers wouldn't have fit with the vx line wheels. There's not much gap between them

Comment

What spacers did you use bud...

Comment

20mm eibach spacers, got them off autodoc mate. Cost 135 with delivery

Comment

Working...
                                X