Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flickering dash

Hey all,

Today my insignia decided to not let me know my speed and the instrument cluster decided to give up. I can flick through the menus but it won’t tell me anything. It also tells me everything such as track toon control, airbags, theft system and so on is not working!

The controls for the climate are also flickering.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disconnect battery boy for about half an hour.
    That's always a good place to start.
    Either that or the battery is failing
    Or alternator is waving goodbye.
    But I'm always one to give you the worst case scenario.

10-6 open toe sandals!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      Disconnect battery boy for about half an hour.
      That's always a good place to start.
      Either that or the battery is failing
      Or alternator is waving goodbye.
      But I'm always one to give you the worst case scenario.

10-6 open toe sandals!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
      It’s been with my local Vauxhall garage for a few days. They plugged it in to clear the codes, drove it round to then plug it in again. Then told me that there are too many faults to pin point it.

I
      I’m with you probs batt or it’s not charging the battery!

Wish me luck

Comment

I'd say most likely battery needs replacing
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I would like to suggest this first......... reason being is that i've seen a few cars now with these symptoms and one thing they have had in common is that they have Bose audio... The amplifier for them sits in the rear offside near the rear lights right next to the vent flap and water has been getting into them... So personally I would check that first...
          Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
          questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
            I would like to suggest this first......... reason being is that i've seen a few cars now with these symptoms and one thing they have had in common is that they have Bose audio... The amplifier for them sits in the rear offside near the rear lights right next to the vent flap and water has been getting into them... So personally I would check that first...
            That’s a really good shout! Thank you. No one seems to be able to find a solution so far so I will suggest this.

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
              Hi guys. I have a similar problem with my Opel Insignia, and I`m really struggling to find what causes this. I have described the problems in my thread here:

Hi people, I have a Insignia Sports Tourer 2.0 CDTI (2014) that I bought last year. I`ve been very satisfied with the car, but some weeks ago some problems occurred. Suddenly the lights in the instrument cluster starts flashing, the pointers in the gauges goes upp and down, and sometimes the entertainment screen in the middle

Since I have Bose audio in my car, I want to check if the amplifier is the problem. But I cant find it. I have attached some pictures of the modules I found offside back (same side as driver, streering wheel on left side).

From what I understand, this is module for:
              1. Trailer lights (13407206)
              2. Parking module (Bosch 026300473600000)
              3. Fuse box

Where can the amplifier be?
              Attached Files

Comment

Does it look like this?

Comment

Have you tried the other side
                  as you are from norway and the steering wheel is on the opposite side of the car.
                  just a thought.

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by grekern View Post
                    Does it look like this?

https://www.ebay.com/c/1752827363
                    yep.....
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Working...