My 1.8 SRI (and its changes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1.8 SRI (and its changes)

Here's my 1.8L SRI VVT including pics before and after some small mods!

Original

Click image for larger version  Name:	1501925553727.jpg Views:	0 Size:	0 ID:	326793
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170513_194646.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	326802

With wind deflectors

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200307_1607529.jpg Views:	4 Size:	81.6 KB ID:	326794

With roof rack and black 17" structured steelies (and dirty)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220121_150116.jpg Views:	4 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	326795
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220121_105817.jpg Views:	4 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	326796Click image for larger version  Name:	20220122_132651.jpg Views:	4 Size:	175.7 KB ID:	326797

Cleaner as is now!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220329_110235.jpg Views:	4 Size:	161.4 KB ID:	326798

Only 1 pic bud

Comment

Mind that wheelie bin , Rod Hull and emu are hiding inside of it !

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
        Only 1 pic bud
        Sorry! Been struggling with the image uploader on my phone! (not the easiest way to do it). More pics added now!

Comment

The car has undergone something of a metamorphosis, going from a classy, sporty executive cruiser as was probably intended by the designer, to whatever ratty abomination it is now (more like something from mad max). But I love it! And it rides real nice with the fat 225/55s as opposed to the crashy teeth rattling experience it used to be on the low profile 19s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200208_1529267.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	326804Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200502_1910389.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	326805Click image for larger version

Name:	20220408_135623.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	326806

Comment

Original car very smart mate ,hope you've keep the old alloys,not what I would have done but not my car sorry open mind an all....

Comment

Originally posted by Vaux30 View Post
              Original car very smart mate ,hope you've keep the old alloys,not what I would have done but not my car sorry open mind an all....
              Thanks! Yeah my tastes are not exactly conventional I'll admit. Yeah I've still got the alloys which I'm keeping for a while in case I have any issues with the new ones (which so far have been great - touch wood). May sell the alloys down the line as they have top notch Michelin primacy 3 rubber on them still with loads of tread life, so would be an attractive option for somebody after cleaned up I'm sure.

Main reason for changing the wheels was ride comfort. I found the 19s with skinny tires too crashy and wanted to improve the ride a bit. Then I found out about the poverty spec Insignia A having 17" steel GM 'structure wheels' with fake alloys bolted over. And it just so happened I loved the look of these black wheels naked, gives the car a more stealthy/rugged look. So seemed like the obvious choice as I then needed the deeper sidewall (225/55) giving me the extra shock absobtion at the same time. Shout out to RBH on a previous post for his help on this as I had to check a few things before I took the plunge.

Roof rack sees a lot of use in the summer as I'm a keen mountain biker, but has the secondary benefit of complimenting the more rough and ready look that the steelies bring.

The photos I've uploaded here are not the best. I'll probably get some better shots after a good scrub and polish during the summer and post them here.

Comment

Fairdoos mate...

Comment

OMFG thats a s##t pal

Comment

Originally posted by The black one View Post
                    OMFG thats a s##t pal
                    More like a giant steaming s##t with white mold growing on it! Whats your point, bud?

Comment

Already said OMFG that s##t
                      and I stand by that also I dnt consider a 1.8 a classy sporty executive crusier but it is your pile of s##t so fairdoos as they say

Comment

Originally posted by The black one View Post
                        Already said OMFG that s##t
                        and I stand by that also I dnt consider a 1.8 a classy sporty executive crusier but it is your pile of s##t so fairdoos as they say
                        Whatever gets you through the day, pal.

thead

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bob1983 View Post

Whatever gets you through the day, pal.

thead
                            If he's the same as me, then it's loads of prescription drugs and xhamster

Comment

Arrrrrrrrrrr BOB ignore the " haters " they are all dead Gel applicators, because you dared to be different.
                              it reminds me of our old " muckers " car Jack@ss, he had a black one ( his wife was happy ) .with the same wheels, and an ironing board on the back .
                              Distinctive is the word
                              At least it don't look like the car out of peppa pig !
                              It serves your purpose thats all that matters!

567666666-56655666666 peppa pig oink oink !welcome to the thunder dome!

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X