No announcement yet.

Renault sport Clio 182 (2004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep it going Alex, I have had a few I wish I still owned, I even keep looking for some of them but I fear they're all dead...

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
      Keep it going Alex, I have had a few I wish I still owned, I even keep looking for some of them but I fear they're all dead...
      Definitely, over the years I look at it an go you bloody cost me a fortune , but all in all once you drive it you forget all that. The grin factor for money is unreal, I swear drew it's like a go cart that can easy hit 130mph on track obvs, great on fuel averages 39-40 mpg in town , just no space or it would be my daily with petrol being cheaper and this returning more mpg

Comment

• I think people get attached to their cars, I had my vectra c for 13 years. That’s the longest ever I have kept a car. Then when the time came to replace it with the insignia, I didn’t want too see it go. That is when my youngest daughters boyfriends father stepped in to buy it. Still see the car running about. Made it so much easier knowing the car was going to stay local.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

• A car can become like one of the family.so like the others I know exactly where you are going with this Alex .
          7 years is a fooking long time , through the good and bad it's out there looking at you .
          I have the same affection with one of my cars , and lucky my wife understands.
          As for people not giving a Shift about your Clio ,well I damm well do !
          I don't always comment because I'm just interfering and sometimes the posts go over my head and I get confused.so I just shut up and look .it part of my condition that I go quiet for a couple of weeks then "Wham Bang " .
          It's great to see a forum that caters for all makes and you can post what you want .
          Seems it's you with your Clio
          And me with my Saab.
          Long live the Clio .
          10-4 rubber Clio Engine !
          You solid cat !

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            A car can become like one of the family.so like the others I know exactly where you are going with this Alex .
            7 years is a fooking long time , through the good and bad it's out there looking at you .
            I have the same affection with one of my cars , and lucky my wife understands.
            As for people not giving a Shift about your Clio ,well I damm well do !
            I don't always comment because I'm just interfering and sometimes the posts go over my head and I get confused.so I just shut up and look .it part of my condition that I go quiet for a couple of weeks then "Wham Bang " .
            It's great to see a forum that caters for all makes and you can post what you want .
            Seems it's you with your Clio
            And me with my Saab.
            Long live the Clio .
            10-4 rubber Clio Engine !
            You solid cat !
            You always seem to put a smile on my face, definitely lucky to have the wife's we have as not many understands how weird us guys can get over a piece of metal, I'm a big fan of Saab's to mate especially the b204 engine, I've had a few in track cars.

Anyone is more than welcome to post on my threads regardless, no discrimination here buddy..

Peace out, long live the Swedish an french.

Comment

• Originally posted by Witty View Post
              I think people get attached to their cars, I had my vectra c for 13 years. That’s the longest ever I have kept a car. Then when the time came to replace it with the insignia, I didn’t want too see it go. That is when my youngest daughters boyfriends father stepped in to buy it. Still see the car running about. Made it so much easier knowing the car was going to stay local.
              13 years is a very long time, I missed the vec c as we decided to get a sh!tssat which I now look at an go wtf did I do that for
              Owned it for 10 years and hated every minute but the wife loved it, if she had her way the siggy would have been a golf thead
              That was one occasion I'm happy the siggy turned up at the price she did cause now she loves it says she can't believe how dated vag look inside, we got the wee Clio during owning the b6 as it was God dam boring and from then on the love affair began
              The siggy definitely can lift her skirt an move hence why I've probably neglected the Clio as you can still get smiles for miles in this big girl even fully loaded. I'm not saying it's the same as the Clio by any means, it's not boring like many other diesels I've driven.
              I've always been an 80-90s hot hatch kinda guy (boy racer) but there just fetching far to much money to relive.

Comment

• New O2 sensor fitted, Flexi lines for brakes are wrong thead
                More parts needed

Comment

• I always think "its not wasted" as its not going to need re-doing in my ownership.

Comment

• Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                    I always think "its not wasted" as its not going to need re-doing in my ownership.
                    Keep forgetting it's got cup chassis slightly wider track so flexi's were about an inch to short.
                    Nobody else's fault but mines

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200705_183639.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	247561

Comment

• Another update guys, was ment to do this a few weeks back but got excited about latest purchase, Clio is up and running again.
                        not entirely sure why she broke but my guess is being left so long caused the fuel to go bad.
                        So why the blue smoke I asked myself. My theory is the fuel wasn't burning correct inturn going into the oil which raised the oil enough to let the crank breather draw some into the plenium chamber inturn causing it to burn oil.

When I drained the fuel tank the fuel was brown, I'm wondering if oil some how was returning down the breather to the tank or does fuel go brown as it turns? Strange part is the fuel never smelt off that was checked prior to thinking it was blow by.
                        Anyways she got her new plugs oil an filter an a new O2 sensor fitted and is running rather nicely.

Any views, theory's or questions welcomed

Comment

• Ummmmmmmmmmm a strange one that !
                          the crank case breather is normally a one way affaire or in the old pounds shillings and pence days they use to incorporate a flame trap , silly little round thing with holes in it that cured that side .
                          Use to get those kind of symptoms on i Remember MK 2 jags ( sweeny ) with the oil catch can causing issues
                          blow by causing symptoms of failed engines .
                          at least it was not the engine I felt for you ,just like Samyam with his .
                          Long live the Renault
                          10-34 jeep Renualting

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                            Ummmmmmmmmmm a strange one that !
                            the crank case breather is normally a one way affaire or in the old pounds shillings and pence days they use to incorporate a flame trap , silly little round thing with holes in it that cured that side .
                            Use to get those kind of symptoms on i Remember MK 2 jags ( sweeny ) with the oil catch can causing issues
                            blow by causing symptoms of failed engines .
                            at least it was not the engine I felt for you ,just like Samyam with his .
                            Long live the Renault
                            10-34 jeep Renualting
                            Definitely mate had me scratching my head, wasn't really paying attention to oil level cause it was me that serviced it and knew levels were good then an lucky if it had covered 2k on that oil. Was sat on a slight hill when I checked the oil so was inaccurate, couldn't start it to level it so just jacked it up till it looked level an checked dipstick again, must of had about 500ml to 1l over the max.
                            clios are known for having oily intakes but it was puddles hence why I thought blow by was the issue failed ring but nothing pointed in this direction ie compression test even the sniff test.
                            Was gutted when I read about samyam great looking machine.

Comment

• So I thought I'd better give my thread a wee update.

Since the all the drama in the summer an getting her going again she was working fine till a mate suggested we go to some private road an put the old girl through the ringer, all was going well till I looks down an see in big red writing (stop) accompanied by the oil light, I instantly put the clutch in an switched engine off, oh how much I needed a pair of boxers no servo or power steering .

Gets the car stopped, left to cool for 10 mins or so an with oil cap off got friend to start it, plenty of oil circulation imo plus light was off hmm..
                              So thought typical Renault electrics, pulled away an got to 3rd gear light back on driving sensible .
                              Pulled in left engine running while I checked the filler cap again, plenty of circulation so chanced the drive home with a tender ear for anything a miss or changing, faultless apart from the light on..
                              Even considered getting shot of her, worst case pump has failed best case dodgy sensor, I thought Al fire a sensor in an see if it works...
                              To my amazement it seems to be cured, I'm £33.69 lighter right enough

Comment

• You had a sweat on there,i bet!!
                                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                                X