Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear power window out of alignment.

Hi chaps,

My rear left passenger window has come off its frame or bracket.

Is this an easy fix or am I looking at a garage? I’m going to have to tape it up as the winds and rain are picking up and I don’t have a garage.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Can you take the inside door trim off and realign the glass?

Comment

Door trim is off, the glass is not easily moved. It’s still attached to the regulator as it still goes up and down. I don’t want to make things worse ha.

Comment

Can you wind it all the way down and then see what’s wrong with it? In terms of why it’s going astray?!

Comment

It doesn’t go all the way down due to the glass being out of alignment. I took it to a garage and they’ve said the regulator is gone and needs replacing with a 3 week wait on parts [emoji849].

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
            It doesn’t go all the way down due to the glass being out of alignment. I took it to a garage and they’ve said the regulator is gone and needs replacing with a 3 week wait on parts [emoji849].
            Is it being done under warranty?
            If no then wouldn’t 2nd hand parts do you’ll get those quicker than 3 weeks.

Comment

I took the car to another garage that I know today and in 20 minutes my window was working again without any parts required. All it cost was £20.

Comment

Nice cheap fix in the end...Pays to shop around.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                X