My Insignia 2015 The Reaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Insignia 2015 The Reaper

So here is a new thread about my car. This is to be my diary of what I do.

I’ve had it since November 2015 it was 11 months old. I’ve never modded a car in my life. My oldest friend has Unilateral aka Karl. He actively tried to get me to but never did. Until I got this girl.

It’s a 2.0 cdti Sri in Carbon flash. Looks amazing clean turn around and it’s dirty already FFS.

First thing I did HIDs 5500K made a huge difference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C3F1CE1D-F192-4C14-8B44-B0817ACCDFAA.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	248987

Second thing I did was a flat bottomed steering wheel love it !

Third thing I did was the boot lights

Forth thing I did was a remap.

Fifth thing private plate courtesy of Mrs Sri for my 40th.

I stopped there for a while, I was looking at a Focus ST3 tdci but I could justify the cost of a new car.

Karl got a new car so I was a bit hmmm what to do he suggested I lower it. So after a year he suggested it again and I did.

Sixth thing I did was lower my car an extra 15mm on some * vogland springs. These transformed the cars handling with no issues with curbs or speed bumps.

Seventh thing I did was a Pipercross performance air filter.

Now I joked with Karl about a hybrid turbo I actually had no intention of doing it just a dream. Then a friend of a friend had one. Never fitted. I told Karl he said do it, i don’t think he thought I would. But I did !

Eighth thing I did was install a hybrid turbo and have a full custom map done this was a complex job but easier as my car had a map already and the turbo performed well before it’s map it was actually faster before the map but it was insane and the car would have blown up. Currently at 233bhp and 477nm but this is slightly low due a boost control is to be remedied.

810 views, 7 likes, 0 loves, 5 comments, 0 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from West Yorkshire Tuning: ***DYNO PROVEN GAINS!!*** Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTI 160BHP - Performance Remap With TDi Turbos...

Ninth thing I did was install my custom footrest.

Tenth thing I did was get a custom exhaust OEM look with GM valance

Name:	69A45CC8-E04A-47D1-A542-012DF94DEC8A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	248957

Eleventh thing I’d did was install Apple CarPlay it was an accident honest !

Name:	7431C98A-3031-4EE9-83CE-66143A421CE0.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	248985

Name:	32659065-D799-4226-8435-3BBCFD2D34DB.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	248986

Twelfth thing I did was install smoked repeaters

Thirteenth thing I did was install a VX line gear knob

Name:	90880471-A840-4FEB-B2BA-342FDC8A9A3A.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	249090

Fourteenth thing I did was install the 8inch Speedo cluster

Name:	87BAA576-EC65-4AEB-9CEF-C277D78B44A2.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	249091

Name:	D29D511E-BD04-4260-B05B-444ACA890E9E.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	249092

My mate came in the car today and said when the new grill gets installed it’ll be black like the grim reaper so the car is now officially called the Reaper.

I have the 321mm brake set up to install. I’m also looking at the rear setup 315mm I think. I also have the black facelift grill to go on also. I want a custom intercooler! Or need. I also want wheel spacers 20mm I think.

This car is now the fastest thing I’ve owned. The map is tailored to me. 1st gear is pointless 2nd gear pulls now, its power delivery is great smooth for daily driving but revs to the red line in every gear. The torque on the motor way is awesome. It’s a true sleeper. I don’t need to go fast but oh boy can I ! The mpg is up also !
    Last edited by Nicksri; 25-02-2019, 08:32 PM. Reason: Adding to it
    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

So it's a Sleeper Reaper
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      So it's a Sleeper Reaper
      [emoji23]
      The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Good mods you have done so far. Karl is a really good guy. He has done quite a few bits to my car for me and awaiting another visit so he can look at some lights I have.

I also had his old 20’s of the insignia st he had.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
          Good mods you have done so far. Karl is a really good guy. He has done quite a few bits to my car for me and awaiting another visit so he can look at some lights I have.

I also had his old 20’s of the insignia st he had.
          Cheers you’ve done loads too.

Ive known him since we were kids slightly scary at least he has his uses [emoji23]

I remember didn’t you have wobbles afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
            Cheers you’ve done loads too.

Ive known him since we were kids slightly scary at least he has his uses [emoji23]

I remember didn’t you have wobbles afterwards?
            Yeah. Just goes to show how useless garages are. Had Pentas on first with 15 mm spacers. Had to have nuts cut back a bit. Changes to Karl’s and bad wobble. Took to garage they blamed it on wheels buckled.

I then counted the threads on each but after a while of racking my brains and asking karl and and noticed the wheel was slightly out. Nuts needed to be cut back just that little
            Bit more. Sorted!
            sigpic

Comment

Nick,pics of exhaust,when done ,love a twin,on an Insig
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                Hell yeah ! It’ll change its ghetto booty

Comment

I was going to take lewish off his but didn’t get the time [emoji52] #gutted

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                    I was going to take lewish off his but didn’t get the time [emoji52] #gutted

I know where theres one ,not far from me,its off a 16 plate,petrol turbo
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I can't be bothered with all this faffing . If he wants it he can do the work

Comment

Would it fit a diesel mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                          Would it fit a diesel mate?

Should do

Comment

Great mods! Need to see more pics though, In the daylight.

Would love a dual but have to wait while my car is out of warranty cos vx said it will void engine warranty if I put one on.
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Freshly cleaned with added cat foot prints

Comment

Working...
                              X