Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket sat nav unit installation (canbus safe option!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket sat nav unit installation (canbus safe option!)

The Missus bought u the wheels and now this Stu if shes in the buying mood ad like a set of 20s, single exhaust valance, vxr body kit and an lmf grill /> ::/> ::/> ::/> ::/>

haha quality bud, have a gudun :P/> ::/> ::/>

Comment

gringo, on 25 December 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:
      There is something weird going on with these women this year.... I never get anything for xmas but this year I got my sat nav unit and woke up today to be surprised with a load of Animal clothes, new electric shaver, expensive aftershave and a new pair of DC trainers....??Think we've entered the twilight zone

Animal clothes???hahaha

Comment

Stupot19, on 26 December 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:
        Cheers for the video gringo cant wait for mine now

Arrived yet Stu?

Comment

Hi I'm thinking of getting and fitting one of these units but will I have a problem as I have a CD300 unit and the information screen I have is thin and different from the one that gringo has fitted in his ashtray ??? I have a 2010 plate 1.8 exclusiv if that helps. If anyone has fitted one and has the same year and spec as my siggy please post some pictures up thanks.

Comment

ooermrs, on 08 March 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:
            Hi Taph,

If your on Facebook, go to the insignia Enthusiast Owners page.

Warren Jones posted on there yesterday that he was selingl his satnav (same as Gringo's) as he's had no joy getting it to fit into the CD300

Might be worth your while contacting him through the forum?

Hi had a look on the Facebook page but there are no comments so I don't think anyone has attempted it but thanks anyways.

Comment

sapiercy, on 08 March 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:
              Hi Taph,

If it is any consolation, I am not very impressed with mine. The Bluetooth will not store any contact details so incoming calls always show up as a number and you have to know the number you are calling to dial out, or use your phone which defeats the object a bit. Also no playing music over Bluetooth, from your phhone.

USB media playing also has very limited features; no searching artists or albums... just one massive list of songs which isn't the best way to search albums. On top of this, it stops the in-car usb and line in from working, which would allow artist and album searches. Presumably this is because it overrides the line-in on the radio somewhere.

If can figure out how to de-couple it from the radio and simply use it as an in-dash GPS unit and basic Bluetooth, I may keep it. Until then, I have removed it from the car as it also interferes with the DAB reception on the AutoDAB, rendering that unusable. Switching the GPS device off does make the DAB work again so I am presuming it is causing some interference on one of the power or earth feeds. If anyone has any ideas on that, please let me know />

Think I might just give it a miss then the reason I wanted the unit was for all the reasons that your saying don't work to there full potential like linking my iPhone to pair with the Bluetooth to play my music and also to make calls but if you have to pick up the phone and select who you want to call then that's not great. But thanks anyways.

Comment

Working...
              X