Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly a new owner

Hi all,

I've been looking for a new car for the Mrs. She's currently in a Honda accord ex tourer with all the toys. We've had it for nearly ten years and love the reliability, comfort and spec. The insignia elite seams to have a good amount of kit and I've found a 2016 tourer with 42k, in emerald green that's just sailed through its first mot a couple of weeks early. Only thing is the guy has lost the service book!! Is there any way of getting this from the dealer? And any other advice on what to look out for? Thanks in advance. Nick

Hello, hope you get what you are after in the car---I would be asking the seller to go to the dealer he has been using for his servicing etc and ask for a replacement service book,the Insignia will be ideal for you and the wife i'm sure,only negative I have is the colour--my wife has a Astra tourer and its Emerald green[it looks almost black to be honest] and is a nightmare to keep clean--otherwise its sound---Dave-----Oh and welcome to an excellent forum--
    Last edited by Dave1419; 14-03-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks Dave, we live in rural Cornwall and tbh any colour is filthy at this time of year��

Comment

No problems----its the same up here with the crappy roads-----Dave

Comment

Welcome

I really like the colour of emerald green.
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi,

It's not like its an old car...All services will have been done at the dealer so it'll be on their records. I wouldnt worry about it. Get a replacement boot and get them to stamp it up to date. Odd he's lost it though. I bet he finds it a few weeks after you buy it. Or you find it in with the spare wheel or something.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
              No problems----its the same up here with the crappy roads-----Dave
              In rural NEWCASTLE????

Comment

Rural, there is nothing rural about the toon now, you need to get up into Northumberland and nearer JOCKLAND for some piece and quiet I can tell you, ----Dave
                Last edited by Dave1419; 15-03-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Never said I didn't like emerald green, it's just a bugger to keep clean , Dave

Comment

Hi Again,
                    I got it! And so far very impressed! The car drives like new, looks almost as good (a few little marks), I got the service history from the dealer no problem, but you're right it doesn't stay clean for long!!
                    Just a couple of things I'd like to sort. I'm missing both parts of the rear load cover, got a little bit of moisture in the one of the headlights and, the A/C doesn't seem to be working. Other than that we love it!!
                    Any help or advice?

Comment

Some moisture in the headlights is normal...unless it's heavy misting with droplets I wouldn't worry about it.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

with it been an elite itll have afl,,check the top access screw off covers on headlights are seated properly,,as water sits in them

if ok ,drop a couple of silica gel pouches in each headlight,this should keep moisture at bay
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                          X