Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Averaging 66mpg so far in 2014 estate diesel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Averaging 66mpg so far in 2014 estate diesel.

I set Trip A to 0 when I bought the car and 2500 miles later I'm showing 66mpg.
    I use Trip B for day to day journeys and that is regularly over 60.
    I'm very happy with this as it's a big car and I wouldn't have expected that. Or maybe you will tell me otherwise.
    2014 ecoflex diesel estate with 136k on the clock.

I get 40

Comment

I get around 50, was higher when I was playing mpg game.

Comment

I can get 46-48...and do 0 to 60 in under 5 seconds.
        sigpic

Comment

66mpg........for a daily driver????

I've a 2014 ecoflex with 52k on the clock as a daily driver and getting around 42-44.
          I think the on board consumption is fooling you

Comment

To be honest I never check the MPG----I just go out and enjoy driving the car and when it needs some more fuel I just fill it up----simples---Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
              To be honest I never check the MPG----I just go out and enjoy driving the car and when it needs some more fuel I just fill it up----simples---Dave
              I don't bother how much fuel I use either Dave, but when most Insignia's are seeing low to mid 40's........66 is just unbelievable.

Comment

Do you go above 50mph?

Comment

Have to agree Rab 66mpg for a daily driver---if its correct then good,my mate travels to London on a regular basis and he only gets about 52 mpg in his Insignia and he thinks that's good---but I don't really bother checking-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
                    Do you go above 50mph?
                    I went from central Scotland to Lincolnshire and back...641 miles.
                    Steady driving around 60-70 and could only get 55mpg....which I thought was superb.

So 66 daily driving seems really exaggerated.

Comment

I get 40-44 last six months and that's short trips stuck in traffic, I'd expect 50+ if did a decent run, 66 does seem very high, but maybe they related to Marko!

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        I get 40-44 last six months and that's short trips stuck in traffic, I'd expect 50+ if did a decent run, 66 does seem very high, but maybe they related to Marko!
                        Does the OP have black wheels???

Comment

I don’t remember the time I seen above 40mpg to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            66mpg........for a daily driver????

I've a 2014 ecoflex with 52k on the clock as a daily driver and getting around 42-44.
                            I think the on board consumption is fooling you
                            nope,.. I calculated my old Facelift A VXLine 163 - I got average 66 also. They run on vapours.

Comment

I get 99 mpg when I drive all downhill with the clutch on the floor haha
                              2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                              honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Working...
                              X