Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Protocol

Hi.

The change oil sign have come up in my siggy.
    And this year I was thinking about doing the service my self.
    Does somebody have any service protocol about what to change.
    Would appreciate it.

Interim service is the oil,and oil filter only,,,Major service is oil,and filter,fuel filter,air filter and pollen filter,,these alternate every year,or 20,000mls
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hi,
      Last service the car was on. They did change all of the filters. So now I should only exchange the oil and oil filter. The car have run over 200.000 km now.

And by the way. What is the name of the oil brand that the siggy should use. It is some GM oil I think.

Comment

Yeah just oil and oil filter next,as for oil,think it's 5/30 in the dissels
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

You might also want to change the brake fluid once in a while (every two years I think), as this ages as well.

Comment

Ok, I will change the brake fluid also. So thats it?

Maybe there is no protocol out for Insignia.
            I know that for my Volvo v70 i got the protocol from a volvo forum.

Comment

When was the timing belt and water pump done? If not done then it's overdue
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Due to the clever people in Italy when you loosen the oil filter it dumps oil all over the steering gear and other bits. In order to avoid this craft a drainage channel, get a bit of 1 and 1/4 inch waste water pipe about 2 and a half feet long, cut half the diameter out over a distance of about 3-4 inches long. You can then run this from the bottom of the oil filter to the front of the right front wheel arch and into your oil container with no mess. Best bit of DIY I ever did. I service mine all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                  When was the timing belt and water pump done? If not done then it's overdue
                  The timing belt was changed before 150.000 km according to the seller.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                    Due to the clever people in Italy when you loosen the oil filter it dumps oil all over the steering gear and other bits. In order to avoid this craft a drainage channel, get a bit of 1 and 1/4 inch waste water pipe about 2 and a half feet long, cut half the diameter out over a distance of about 3-4 inches long. You can then run this from the bottom of the oil filter to the front of the right front wheel arch and into your oil container with no mess. Best bit of DIY I ever did. I service mine all the time.
                    Thanks for the tip buttons.
                    Will keep that in mind

Comment

hi i have just had the same message about oil, i am going to get it serviced soon, but i wondered how do i get rid of the message after the service and how does the car know when its due

Comment

Originally posted by rt271276 View Post
                        hi i have just had the same message about oil, i am going to get it serviced soon, but i wondered how do i get rid of the message after the service and how does the car know when its due
                        They will reset it after servicing it,and it's a combination of time and miles covered what tells you it's due

Comment

thanks fella

Comment

Hi guys just a short video to show you how to reset the service light on an insignia always ensure you service the vehicle before reseting the light as this ...
                            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

thanks for that, very helpful

Comment

Working...
                              X