Don't stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't stall

Friday I finished work at 4pm, got in the car, clutch down, started engine, gear in...
    before i released the e-brake i started playing with my music playlist... this took some time
    forgetting i had put the car in gear at this point i took my foot off the clutch... STALLED!!!

what a numpty.. so started it back up and went to drive off...
    alternator fault came up, no power steering, thought to myself "great aux belt gone"
    parked up, engine off, off bonnet and there it was aux belt had been throw off but still in one piece

when i stalled with the brakes on the crank stops instantly as the gearbox prevents the crankshaft from coming to a slow stop but the other pulleys still have some momentum, this caused the tensioner to pull back to fling the belt off

being at work i have no tools on me, so called RAC for an easy quick road side fix, all i needed was a 15mm socket wrench

rang them at 4.20pm, due to the bad weather they were busy, took an hour for them to pick up
    5.30pm they said it will take a while, at 6pm i get a text saying it will be atleast 4 hours for someone to come out

so i rang a friend to pick my tool chest up from my house and bring it to work
    by this time it was raining, dark and i was starving
    15mins later i got the belt back on and drove home

Moral of the story: RAC are s**t, carry a small tool kit instead, and don't stall

You were a bit impatient to be fair.

Glad you got it sorted. I'd contact RAC to complain and get them to log it so you can remind them at renewal....Should hopefully get some money off.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
    X