limp mode- insignia 2.0 CDTI 160BHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limp mode- insignia 2.0 CDTI 160BHP

I replaced my split pipe this week. 100% a common occurrence on these cars. I paid ?85 posted for just the pipe & swapped the plastic over myself. Auto Vaux had them in stock on Tuesday if anyone needs one. They can get the full pipe and plastic join for ?105 but they are having the same issues as everyone else with them being on back order with GM

No, and I wouldn't recommend it either as it could do more harm than good. If you're in limp mode, you need to know why. Only then can you know what to do.

Comment

The car won't regen doing the drive down the motorway trick if it is in limp mode. You need to do a forced regen so that the system is taken out of limp mode to allow the regen to go ahead. DO NOT try it with a split pipe, it will cause more problems. Replace the pipe & then do the regen on it!

Comment

That fix will work perfectly fine if you only get a warning and no limp mode. limp mode due to DPF issues will stop you from doing that kind of regen. 3 different mechanics (independent) & 2 dealers told me this.

Driving in limp mode due to a clogged DPF will do your car more harm than good!

Comment

Sounds like BS to me. The only possible thing would be if the fuel pump is failing and therefore the additional pressure created from additional fuel in the tank is enough to keep it happy.

Comment

leepinney, on 24 September 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:
            ill never buy one ever again car is total bull s**t but im stuck with mine for 2 more years yet god help me you would think a dealer would be able to fault find alot easier than any other garage they take the piss and your cash jokers they are

i still have issue with my car kangarooing/missing as if it running low of fuel for 1-3 seconds in 1-4th gears and hissing noise when i dip the throttle and let it off when turbo is in it dont happen just seems to happen around 1500-2000 rpm to be honest its doing my head in any ideas anyone thanks

All cars can have issues and dealers are not mechanics, they are just guys who plug your car into a computer & hope it tells them what is wrong. They don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to proper hands on fault finding. When it comes to warranty work I always get my independent garage to fault find and then take the info to the dealer. That way it might cost me ?20/?30 to diagnose it but saves hours on the dealer monkeys not having a clue!

Comment

Defo a split intercooler hose ;( air escaping on putting your foot on the gas ;( check the usual place near the top and get someone to rev the car whisky looking to hearing
              209bhp 508nm

Comment

Working...
              X