How to vinyl wrap grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to vinyl wrap grill?

It's easy buddy! Measure wrap out and stick it on!! Place it with a slight, 1mm overlap at top of the bar. Run your finger nail along this bit and it will tuck under the little overhang. At the slight curve in the middle of the bar, use a hair dryer to heat it and you can manipulate the wrap to stretch and bend it round. At the ends, trim and again heat. You can then tuck these in with something small and sharp. At the bottom of the bar just fold it under and it will stick. Job done!!!

My mates car that I wrapped a few weeks ago!

It's the 3M Carbon wrap. It's not Matt but not overly shiny!

Comment

It's probably been asked a thousand times, but where is the best place to get the wrap from?.....ive looked on ebay but some looks naff on there, and you dont know if its genuine 3M stuff.

Comment

MadOnVaux!, on 06 June 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:
        It's probably been asked a thousand times, but where is the best place to get the wrap from?.....ive looked on ebay but some looks naff on there, and you dont know if its genuine 3M stuff.

Cough Cough ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Netsky2, on 08 June 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:
          Guvi had some good stuff. Check out his thread for possible eBay links

Cheers

Comment

Has anybody managed to rwap the entire front grill including the griffin.
            I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

You mean this one :

Comment

mka306, on 21 November 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:
                Where did you get the grill from?

http://www.lmfvauxha...rts-Grille.html

Comment

I hope you do well with the wrap, a good hair dryer or a heat gun u will defo need.

Their well made grilles and for the price you cant go wrong, price has dropped a tenner since i bought mine so its a bargain!!

Comment

Heres the black grille as well :

http://www.lmfvauxha...rts-Grille.html

Comment

If your wanting to save the pennies then buy the plastidip, I cant wrap however some of the members on here are wiz kids with it. Might be worth an ask??

Comment

No the after looks good. With or without the twins.

Comment

am in two minds to get mine done at the back not seen any ST's have there chrome vinyl gloss back on the rear chrome done .. like to see yours when its done what ever colour you choose

Comment

How the hell you guys managed this wrapping in situ i'll never know!

I attempted to do mine earlier and although it seemed to stick well and if i made a mistake it was heated and re-stuck etc....when it came to trimming it was just a never ending disaster....underneath being wonky, i couldnt get the corners right at all, and when i trimmed the top edge it always showed a chrome gap...i even slipped with my knife and marked the black plastic!!!! Grr

It's definitely going to have to be done off the car now!

Comment

Working...
                            X