Seat swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat swap

I'm thinking of doing a seat change on my 2010MY Insignia SE 1.8 to full leather with a s/h interior from ebay or the like but I'm worried if the electrics are plug and play across the range. I already have electric height adjustment, but what about fore/aft adjust, back rest angle, seat position memory, will these be supported by the existing wiring? I really do not want to go down the road of playing about with body control modules/adding harnesses if I can help it, and I dont want to buy a set of seats if they wont work in my car! Has anyone else done this swap with any sucess?

If you go for an Elite interior,you'll have to get a harness made for the extra electrical functions,,if you go Sri,it'll be plug and play,,bar the heated seats
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

It can be pricey. I was quoted over £400 to have my wiring adapted. I changed my mind and sold the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        If you go for an Elite interior,you'll have to get a harness made for the extra electrical functions,,if you go Sri,it'll be plug and play,,bar the heated seats
        Is it possible to get a harness made and then posted or would the car be required?

Comment

Try Vx first? It could be that a standard 'base' main harness is used and then other sub harnesses attached to provide supplies for the requirements of the functions on the various models.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
            Is it possible to get a harness made and then posted or would the car be required?
            Google VxMod he can give you a direct answer.

Comment

Working...
            X