Mods Anonymous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods Anonymous

OK, so you're reading this thread because you have acknowledged that you have a problem. From time to time we all feel that our lives are perhaps not going the way we would like them to, and need to assert our individuality. Some will experiment with Class 2 drugs, alcohol or shoplifting. If you are on this forum, then you have probably already tried these and still feel a void in your heart, an aching urge to go beyond these temporary solutions, to express yourself in a way that screams to the rest of the world "I am an individual!".

If this sounds familiar, be assured that you are among friends, friends who share your desires and dreams, friends who have probably already been through that living hell that you are now experiencing. And we can help.

If you have found yourself browsing the pages of eBay, Gumtree or Exchange and Mart, searching for bits that may enhance your Insignia; if you think that your pre-facelift would benefit from a remap; if you are convinced that you should rebadge your GS as a Peugeot; if you have an irresistible urge to paint your wheels black, then this is the place where you can confess your deepest desires and share your feelings.

And don't worry, no matter how severe your addiction, we at insignia-drivers.uk will be happy to offer you our collective advice and share our experiences, and we may not even take the pi$$ out of you (but we might do, so be warned)
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

OK, I do a few little Mods now & again, but I can handle it . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
      OK, I do a few little Mods now & again, but I can handle it . . .
      What colour are your wheels, though? And I'm a bit concerned about your rear foot well lights, I think you may have started on the downward spiral...
      Last edited by PeteH; 07-10-2019, 12:44 PM.
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

This 12-step program maybe? (Mods please feel free to correct my english here)

1. We admitted we were powerless over Insignia—that our lives had become unbelievable.
        2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves couldn't restore us to sanity.
        3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of GM as we understood it.
        4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of parts in Ebay/Amazon.
        5. Admitted to wife/girlfriend, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our rules.
        6. We're definitely not entirely ready to remove or even admit all the defects of our character.
        7. Humbly asked Wife/girlfriend to ignore our shortcomings.
        8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became unwilling to make any amends to them all.
        9. Made direct offend to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure our self or other Insignia drivers.
        10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly deny it.
        11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with Insignia as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of Insignia electrical wiring diagram made for us and the power to carry on.
        12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to this forum, and to practice these principles in all our topics.

Comment

It's just a bit of harmless fun to me. I can stop any time I want too. In fact I have stopped. The only cash I'll be spending on the car in future will be on petrol and yearly service.

Deffo had its last penny spent on it regarding cosmetics!

Anybody got the link to chrome wheel nut covers for a GS? I'm asking for a friend.....honest!
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

And maybe these 12 traditions too?

1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon Insignia Drivers unity.
            2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority—a loving Admin as he/she may express himself/herself in our group topics. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
            3. The only requirement for Insignia Drivers membership is a desire to post pics.
            4. Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other Vauxhall/Opel groups or GM as a whole.
            5. Each group has but one primary purpose—to carry its message to the other brands who still suffers.
            6. An Insignia Drivers group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the Insignia Drivers name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property, and prestige divert us from our primary purpose.
            7. Every Insignia group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
            8. Insignia Drivers should remain forever non-professional, but our forum may employ special workers without payment.
            9. Insignia Drivers, as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
            10. Insignia Drivers has no opinion on outside issues; hence the Insignia Drivers name ought never be drawn into public controversy.
            11. Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always to maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, and films.
            12. Insignia Drivers is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.

Comment

Hey, Weccu, d'you fancy having a go at drafting a Brexit agreement - you've got 24 days!
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                Hey, Weccu, d'you fancy having a go at drafting a Brexit agreement - you've got 24 days!
                That's an easy one.
                1. Let people vote again, now that they know facts better (EU will give some more time to do THIS)
                2. No Brexit
                3. Problem solved
                4. Sit back and have a beer

Comment

Completely agree with you, now try selling that to Boris!
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Originally posted by Weccu View Post
                    That's an easy one.
                    1. Let people vote again, now that they know facts better (EU will give some more time to do THIS)
                    2. No Brexit
                    3. Problem solved
                    4. Sit back and have a beer
                    Democracy is dead if they do that. We voted, leave won...LEAVE! Simple.....If all the big gobs in parliament kept the mouths shut about their feelings toward leaving without a deal. The Eurocrats would have accepted a deal by now. But because they aired their views in public it made us weak as p!ss at the negotiations table. Fking white collar morons have turned the UK into a laughing stock.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      It's just a bit of harmless fun to me. I can stop any time I want too. In fact I have stopped. The only cash I'll be spending on the car in future will be on petrol and yearly service.

Deffo had its last penny spent on it regarding cosmetics!

Anybody got the link to chrome wheel nut covers for a GS? I'm asking for a friend.....honest!
                      Must have stocked up on black sharpies

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        Must have stocked up on black sharpies
                        My wheels are already done so if someone kerbs them it wouldn't be a mod. It would be a repair.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                          What colour are your wheels, though? And I'm a bit concerned about your rear foot well lights, I think you may have started on the downward spiral...
                          I still have star silver wheels, so I am in the clear! I am on my third set however, but can stop any time I want. OK yes I have two sets of LED footwell lights, but they are only there to match the ones around the gearstick, so don't count.

Comment

Don't forgive me for what I have done in the past cos at the time I was probably doing everything apart from injecting some substance.
                            First mod was on my first car a Austin allegro, took the exhaust off to give it that beefy sound , it was a winner down at McDonald's cos it attracted some looks from the girls as we use to " hoon " around on a Friday night or maybe they just thaught I was a plank in a yellow allegro ?
                            Second mod was with a fiat 131 , drilled a hole in the exhaust, put a tube in it and put the tube in the car with a bottle on the end. Now and again as we were going along use to pour brake fluid down it and it use to bellow out smoke from the exhaust, impressive! It was ok till we started to feel the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning!
                            Third , one of my vectra B did not have side skirts like the SRI , so i brought 2 lengths of squareline guttering sprayed them the body colour and attached them with 3" screws to the cills to me they looked like the dogs tally wakkle.
                            Fourth ,,, had a mad 5 hours with puddle lights , fitted in front doors , the run wires to rear doors , had some left over and fitted them in the roof lining , looked stanfastic.
                            There's a lot more mods I have done but amnesia kicks in .....

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Oh Lizzard-t, we need photos
                              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Working...
                              X