Creased seat bolster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creased seat bolster

So I will be going to see the car I will be buying next week and the salesman sent me a few pictures of the car and I noticed the drivers seat bolster is quite creased and I questioned this as the car has only done 45k he said it is a common problem with these cars but I have looked at a few and never noticed this. Is this a common issue with these cars? It is not the best picture but it’s all I have until next week. Can this be fixed or is it a new seat? Had a vectra with 125k on the clock and the seat did not look like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5A0BB6A7-17E8-49CC-AA8D-352E96D10A11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	249186

you can pick those seats up cheap enough from a breakers or ebay
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      you can pick those seats up cheap enough from a breakers or ebay
      But don't let that stop you using it as a bargaining tool
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Yeah it shouldn’t happen but old owner may have been on the large side so that’s why it has got squished.

Use it to haggle price down and then upgrade to some leather sports Sri seats
        sigpic

Comment

I know it is stating the obvious but, I would check that the wear of everything else, steering wheel, pedals etc appear to tally with the stated mileage. Also check to MOT history on line and make sure it has not had a change of plates to potentially hide the true mileage. After a recent close call I would also recommend that you do your own HPI check. I recently went to view a HPI clear car and the dealer had put finance on the car after having the HPI report done and placing the advert. I do not think he had any intention of paying off the finance. He refused to pay it off before the sale and would not let me deal with the finance company. The only way he would proceed was if I payed him in full and then trusted him to pay off the loan after the sale. Which is the exact thing all the advice warns you not to do. For the sake of £15-£30 it's a no brainier. Even if the dealer is totally honest it is worth purchasing for the data guarantee alone.

Comment

Working...
          X