To all HGV drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all HGV drivers

As a HGV driver myself and I know there's some on here I'd like to say a massive thank you to you all!! These last few weeks have been tough Iv been working extra hours with contracts with supermarkets and working night shifts which I thought I'd never do again!! It's been amazing the support people have shown Iv had people on motorway bridges waving and even people coming to me at my drops thanking me, its nice to be recognised that HGV drivers are an important role within our economy and I hope this carries on when all this mess is over!! So all you drivers out there keep up the good work stay safe and huge respect from me [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Thumbs up
    siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
      As a HGV driver myself and I know there's some on here I'd like to say a massive thank you to you all!! These last few weeks have been tough Iv been working extra hours with contracts with supermarkets and working night shifts which I thought I'd never do again!! It's been amazing the support people have shown Iv had people on motorway bridges waving and even people coming to me at my drops thanking me, its nice to be recognised that HGV drivers are an important role within our economy and I hope this carries on when all this mess is over!! So all you drivers out there keep up the good work stay safe and huge respect from me [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]
      No need to thank us Shane......it's us that's thanking you from the bottom of our hearts mate.
      You and your colleagues are stars.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        No need to thank us Shane......it's us that's thanking you from the bottom of our hearts mate.
        You and your colleagues are stars.
        Means a lot that pal mate thank you for your kind words!

Comment

Means a lot that pal mate thank you for your kind words!
          If it wasn't for key workers like yourself, then the country would be grinding slowly to a halt.
          My wife works in Asda and is getting a barrage of abuse from customers as we are still on lockdown and trying to adhere to social distancing - 2 metre rule etc.

No offence to anyone but the NHS are only doing what they're paid to do and I applaud them for doing so.....but key workers like yourself and shop workers etc are having to alter their lifestyle/job hours etc to accommodate covid19 and should not be getting the abuse from the public.

So......as I say, hats of to you mate for doing a sterling job.

Comment

I've always said HGV drivers deserve a medal and upmost respect from me .
            And never have you deserved it more than now !
            You have all kept this country going
            You are all the un sung heroes of this .
            To Shane and the others I salute you !
            10-4 rubber duck !

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

No need to thank us. We are just doing what we do best. Not been home since the start myself. Seen the kids on a M6 motorway bridge waving which has made it for me. I have been mostly on supermarket work & trucking between Northern Italy - UK. Currently on my way between Inverness & Palermo in Sicily. 1 thing made life easier was the extended drivers hours but boy that was tiring but it did help the shops

Give it a few weeks of norm things will be back to normal & everyone will curse us.

Comment

Originally posted by ajr View Post
                No need to thank us. We are just doing what we do best. Not been home since the start myself. Seen the kids on a M6 motorway bridge waving which has made it for me. I have been mostly on supermarket work & trucking between Northern Italy - UK. Currently on my way between Inverness & Palermo in Sicily.

Give it a few weeks of norm things will be back to normal & everyone will curse us.
                Just come outa continental work mate, did it for just over 8 years running to mostly Granada south of Spain and and mainland Italy. Work for a construction company now doing cat 2 and cat 3 loads delivering machinery across the UK, I'm currently on contract with Asda one week nights one week days [emoji1360]

Comment

Just come outa continental work mate, did it for just over 8 years running to mostly Granada south of Spain and and mainland Italy. Work for a construction company now doing cat 2 and cat 3 loads delivering machinery across the UK, I'm currently on contract with Asda one week nights one week days [emoji1360]
                  Been doing it since I was 18 & European since I was 21, now 35. Spent 8 years running to & from tile factories near Valencia & near Bologna. Still do a fair bit of ceramics but other drivers do that. Been a boss / trucker since Jan 2014 as I was made redundant in December 2013. Doubt I will do anything else but Euro work has changed a hell of a lot & at the moment its awful as your stuck in the cab

Comment

Nice one mate ty

Comment

We'll said OP, we are extremely proud of our nephew, he passed his class 1 in December, aged just 18 and started for Dowton in January, stay safe all you truckers on here!! 👏👏👏👏👏

Comment

It really does go to show that in reality, those that are extremely wealthy bring nothing to the table when the economy is on it's knees.

Those that are needed far more that others, are the ones that many people have taken for granted and turned their noses up at.

Personally I work in the energy sector which is no big deal, it's just a job right.... but then when you break it down & look at the importance of what exactly it is you do, you quickly realize just how important your role is within the bigger picture.

Every credit to everyone that truly knows their worth, especially in the current climate.

Hats off to you all
                        2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
                        Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

I'm not one for thanking people who are getting paid to do a job just as I don't expect thanks from others for doing my job. What you do get from me is my respect. I respect anybody who gets up each day and leaves their family for a work shift. Earns their way, pays into the system and plays their roll in society.
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

thank you for keeping the products/goods moving. Without you shelves would be empty

Comment

Working...
                            X