Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRL Replacement advice

Good morning all,

I want to replace the current DLR bulls with LEDs and I’m hoping someone could confirm if the ones in the link are OK for 2010 hatch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2400LM-60...s/113940836498

Thank you in advance
    Paul

Hello. I take it you have the old style halogen bulbs? Is that correct?

If so from my understanding on here you can swap them out for leds but you will get all kinds of error codes on the dash unless some kind of resistors or converters are fitted too.
    I’m far from an expert but just my understanding of it.

I did however swap my drl bulbs for a whiter version halogen bulb and it has made a massive improvement on the yellowish glow from standard bulbs, picked them up off amazon for about a tenner.

Someone may be able to explain a little better then me but I’m sure you need resistor kit too make the leds error free.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian147 View Post

If so from my understanding on here you can swap them out for leds but you will get all kinds of error codes on the dash unless some kind of resistors or converters are fitted too.

I did however swap my drl bulbs for a whiter version halogen bulb and it has made a massive improvement on the yellowish glow from standard bulbs, picked them up off amazon for about a tenner.

Someone may be able to explain a little better then me but I’m sure you need resistor kit too make the leds error free.
      There are error free ones as well Samyam used on his

Comment

Originally posted by Viper101 View Post
        Good morning all,

I want to replace the current DLR bulls with LEDs and I’m hoping someone could confirm if the ones in the link are OK for 2010 hatch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2400LM-60...s/113940836498

Thank you in advance
        Paul
        Have a look through Samyam threads he has done this on his.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
          There are error free ones as well Samyam used on his
          Is there really? If that’s the case I shall have a browse too [emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
            Have a look through Samyam threads he has done this on his.
            Thanks everyone will have a search about.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian147 View Post

Yeah old style yellow tint...I take a look at the thread mentioned and also will for error free bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by Viper101 View Post
                Yeah old style yellow tint...I take a look at the thread mentioned and also will for error free bulbs
                Sound. Let me know if you have any joy with error free leds. [emoji6]

Comment

Comment

I looked at changing my 2012 yellow DRL's too for LED's, read around the forum, had a few ideas.
                    Visited a local LED supplier and his words were "dont bother, they will fail in 3 months or at worst melt your headlights"
                    apparently he has had 15 or so customers either buy LED's from him or come back to him to refit blue halogens as all the LED's thecustomers have tried had failed or given errors, yes they will work with resistors but they will not last longer than 3 months apparently.

TBH the blue bulbs look ok and I have complete peace of mind .

Comment

a 50ohm resistor ,wired over pins 1,and 9 in the headlight plug will stop the bulb out errors on the preface candle headlights
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

So thought I post a quick update, My health has been such that I can’t hold the pins together to release the DRL to change the bulbs...did manage to do the indicators but the flashed super fast and displayed an error so I either track down error free or get load resistors I assume?

Also couldn’t do the replacements for the dipped & full beam[Osram nightbreaker next generation) as I couldn’t hold the damn T20 to undo the bolt!

Comment

Hi Viper, the drls are especially fiddly. If you are struggling someone near you may be able to help? Or do you have a relative with smaller hands? My ten year old lad was quite capable of swapping my drls with just a little bit of instruction. On the main/dip beam you can pull the washer bottle filler away, just unclip it from the slam pannel and pull it up, it pushes into a rubber grommet on the top of the washer bottle. On the offside its easier if you undo and lift the air filter top off. Give the filter a clean whilst you are on. Hopefully you will find some help from somewhere and enjoy the car!

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I did remove the filler but just couldn’t do it. I’ll see if a local garage could help.

Comment

Folks, I have conceded defeat. Three attempts at replacing the DRLs have failed and I just cannot fit my hand around the obstacles, and I think one of clips is damaged(see pic).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_172914.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	244997

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_172834.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	244998

May have to ask around my mates with tiny hands.
                              One of the Irish boys. Mine is a 2011 SRI Ecoflex 160bhp w19 inch pentas, led interior lights,

Comment

Working...
                              X